Gibson Brands Forums

Dear Abby, refrain, repeat to song's end.....

Thermionik

Gilliangirl - whatever happened, did he ever bring that Gibson back.....

I only ask, because I once sat next to Duster Bennet at a bar where he was having a beer-break in his set. I was kind of reticent, and desperate to be cool, so we talked gear and gigs and stuff.

I really wanted to tell him how good I thought he was, and how much I enjoyed his gigs and records.

But that would have been NOT cool, so I didn't. Doh.....

He died in a car-crash driving home from London to Birmingham after that gig.

So carpe diem, Gilliangirl, sieze the day, sieze the moment.

Good morning Therm! So sorry to read about Duster Bennet. I appreciate the sadness of missed opportunities. I have not seen hide nor hair of Mr. Vintage Gibson guy in months. The Bluegrass Society had no jams throughout summer but they are starting up again this month. Soooooo..... it's not over til, er, the fat lady sings! I did however find out that he is several years my junior (who isn't these days?) so that may now have a significant negative impact. Stay tuned.....

Thinking more about your conversation with Mr. Bennet, I'm guessing he already knew you were a fan and appreciated the fact that you didn't get gushy, like so many others probably have, choosing instead to discuss 'the business' with him. I'll bet that impressed him more.

May I call you Karen (and I am Nik, by the by.....). What Space Pup said is 100%. Attitude is ALL. You are only as young/old as that person inside you. Me - I'm 56 going on 20. My lady and I were talking last week about it. You get up and groan and creak down to breakfast and feel some outer age. You look at your partner and walk down the road holding hands and you feel like the inner age.

I can't say too much, because my partner has a brother on this very forum (Johnt), but in the past, age has only ever been an also-ran in any relationship decisions. And playing guitar together can get like a really intense conversation - and they can lead..... anywhere!

So carpe diem.

May I call you Karen (and I am Nik' date=' by the by.....). What [b']Space Pup[/b] said is 100%. Attitude is ALL. You are only as young/old as that person inside you. Me - I'm 56 going on 20. My lady and I were talking last week about it. You get up and groan and creak down to breakfast and feel some outer age. You look at your partner and walk down the road holding hands and you feel like the inner age.

I can't say too much, because my partner has a brother on this very forum (Johnt), but in the past, age has only ever been an also-ran in any relationship decisions. And playing guitar together can get like a really intense conversation - and they can lead..... anywhere!

So carpe diem.

I hear what you're saying Nik.... I too am 50 going on 25, but I get the feeling that sometimes that's not a good thing when searching for mates! Plus, I am so limited.... all I want to do is sit around and play guitar. The ex came over last night and we played guitars on the deck 'til the sun went down and it was great! We might even work on some new arrangements for some Gillian Welch songs! That's what makes me happy. The ex and I do better as friends so, please, no one suggest that we get back together.eusa_hand.gif

Just an inspirational thought:

While Gillian Girl is pining for Mr. Wonderful-Just look at the untold opportunities she has right here on the Forum. If this thing gets contagious' date=' they may have to offer wedding chapel privileges at Bozeman week.

Moose[/quote']

'...... untold opportunities....'? Moose, do you know something I don't?

Karen:

May I strongly suggest a rephrasing of your signature saying to the following

FOR GUARANTEED RESULTS:

ME = MAGIC

ONLY THE BEST IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU.

Respectfully Submitted,

Moose

Thank you, Moose. I could certainly try that as long as folks don't think I'm a southern jumbo! icon10.gif

I second that motion!

Cunk' date=' what happened at Elderly?[/quote']

i haven't gone yet but....i'm thinking thursday or friday. i'm lucky, huh? everyone drools over elderly - and me? why, i'm just an hour away! lol. really, it is a beautiful store and the atmosphere is like.... well, last time i was there a bearded old man was sitting in a rocking chair playing a baritone guitar. i looked around for movie cameras. i thought for sure i was being put on. i'll post a review of my visit. thanks for asking!

Archived