Gibson Brands Forums

"The Ballad of Johnny" just went top ten!! (Link added)

daveinspain

Which may just go to show you that not many others share your own (overly pessimistic, IMHO) view of your vocal abilities!

Very Well Done, Dave!

A 'Tick and a Star' in fact!

[thumbup]

P.

Congrats Dave! Its nice to be in the Top 10 of anything...even if there are only 11 contestants! :) But being in the top 10 on Soundclick is impressive! Very nice!

Thanks Shred... Never expected anything really... I just posted it there to have a place where people could go to hear it.

Just wanted to thank you all again for giving a listen to my tune... [thumbup]

The Ballad of Johnny

Dave, excellent song! Which one of your acoustic guitars did you record it with? BTW was Ballod spelled this way purposely, as opposed to Ballad? (on your Web Page)

And what's the meaning behind that? Thanks!...Paul

That's great! Most well deserved. Nice sounding tune. What did you use to record it?

I recorded the song on my Mac using Cubase... I used a Takamine acoustic, and a Les Paul with a nice chorus and reverb setting... I doubled my voice. Not that much to it really...

Thanks for your kind words... [thumbup]

Dave, excellent song! Which one of your acoustic guitars did you record it with? BTW was Ballod spelled this way purposely, as opposed to Ballad? (on your Web Page)

And what's the meaning behind that? Thanks!...Paul

Thanks man.... I used my Takamine because it has a pick up. My Alhambra sounds better but I didn't feel like messing with a mic. There is a very deep meaning behind spelling Ballad, Ballod... I'm a sh¡tty speller... I'll have to go in and find that and fix it. You're not the first to mention it.... 8-[

Archived