Gibson Brands Forums

Foo Fighters on SNL

Silenced Fred

The second half of rope was much better than the first. I think he hit his groove there, but man, those sounds were like cutting all the good stuff out.

They even got rid of those damn Boogie amps, went back to Fenders and Vox amps.

I judged to harshly

It's SNL, not Carnegie Hall.

Factor that in man :)

My dad (works for AFLAC) was at a convention in KC. He was sitting up at the bar at the hotel, and David Grohl comes up and starts talking to him...i dont know who started the conversation, but they talked for a good half hour casually...Real freindly, cool guy.

It's SNL, not Carnegie Hall.

Factor that in man :)

I judged too early. My internet was lagging badly, it took like 5 minutes to get to the video, and the first 30 seconds was terribly over compressed. After that, it got way better.

I hope he will forgive me

I judged too early. My internet was lagging badly, it took like 5 minutes to get to the video, and the first 30 seconds was terribly over compressed. After that, it got way better.

I hope he will forgive me

I just talked to Dave and he said all is forgiven. He even sang it into the phone like at the end of The Who's A Quick One.

Everything sounds so compressed and boxy... not at all like the footage I saw of their live shows.

I still have faith in them, but I was just watching it on hulu, and man, I almost don't want to watch anymore [crying]

They've been on Austin City Limits recently, too. Hulu that! (Lots of Gibson goodness.)

Archived