Gibson Brands Forums

So I'm getting money back from taxes

Silenced Fred

And the only American thing to do is stimulate the economy right?

I have about 150 to spend on new gear, so any recommendations?

1/3rd of a nice Fender.............[flapper] ...

List your current pedals...and, what do you need pedal wise ????

Fuzz Factory, Swollen Pickle, Russian Muff, MXR Distortion +, MXR Classic Overdrive, Dano vibe pedal, Kay tremo pedal, and I think that's about it.

Right now, I'm thinking about a Torn's Peaker, or another "60s style fuzz" with a lower output, but still gives that cool sound. The Swollen Pickle is just so over the top.

Or, if someone wants to sell a Gibson semi hollowbody for about 150, I'll even pick it up [biggrin]

EDIT: Oh snap, Torn's Peaker or Bigsby... Torn's Peaker or Bigsby...

Save $100 more and buy a piece of tonal heaven, in the form of a Jet City JCA20 Head.

I'm good on amps. My Sunn cranks out amazing tones, the only other amp I want to get is a tweed fender style amp. The Sunn is very much rock, and switches down to 12.5 watts from 50.

I'm good on amps. My Sunn cranks out amazing tones, the only other amp I want to get is a tweed fender style amp. The Sunn is very much rock, and switches down to 12.5 watts from 50.

Hmm the Way Huge Green Rhino?

Another fuzz?

TP or Bigsby fo sho.

There's a Bigsby on ILF right now I think.

Its a B5, I can get a full B7 set up from amplified parts for 115 with free shipping. Like i have fuzz, and I think I can do a lot more with a bigsby. But the torns peaker is rocking!

buy beer and you'll sound even better lol

buy me converse shoes and I'll sound like slash lol

Damn your logic, but you are right.

I should be getting my check from the government right around my birthday, woohoo

Guitar mods - not as much fun as new pedals, but so much more satisfying in the long run.

Archived