Gibson Brands Forums

My amp rig is completed!!!

duane v

The PA mic's the dry set-up, and the effects are added from the mixing board effects pres-sets, which is amplified through the JBLEON315 monitor.

Oh but doesn't isn't the monitor just for the player to hear?

Oh but doesn't isn't the monitor just for the player to hear?

It's for all to hear... Basically you would blend the sound levels of JBL monitor (wet) and the Dirty boy half stack (dry) together to get the sound your are looking for.... In a big club gig set-up the JBL monitor, Dirty boy half stack and the VOXAC50 would all be mic'd into the house PA.... Certainly you are at the mercy of the house sound guy, but most are good.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Some very interesting solutions here

And nice to see a 'Vox' somewhere in the equation

I'm currently experimenting with a very simple stereo set-up

As I have to carry all my own stuff :blink:

V

:-({|=

Congratulations!

I am glad you have found a set up you are pleased with. msp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

I did also think thank goodness 'my sound' happens to be ultra simple, I would find it mind boggling with all that stuff going on!!msp_scared.gif

Cheers

Matt

The PA mic's the dry set-up, and the effects are added from the mixing board effects pres-sets, which is amplified through the JBLEON315 monitor.

I have also used this setup and it is awesome. Essentially you are using a Mic as your effects loop so you have no effects in your signal chain at all which is cool. Are you also going to mic the JBLEON315 monitor to get your wet signal into the FOH mix or are you just planning on using stage volume for the basic instrument mix and just run Vocals,( bass, kick, keyboard, kazoo:-) ?) through the FOH mix?

Andy

I have also used this setup and it is awesome. Essentially you are using a Mic as your effects loop so you have no effects in your signal chain at all which is cool. Are you also going to mic the JBLEON315 monitor to get your wet signal into the FOH mix or are you just planning on using stage volume for the basic instrument mix and just run Vocals,( bass, kick, keyboard, kazoo:-) ?) through the FOH mix?

Andy

All amps will be mic'd depending on the size of venue / club..... smaller venues probably not, but that will depend on the house sound guy.

Congratulations!

I am glad you have found a set up you are pleased with. msp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

I did also think thank goodness 'my sound' happens to be ultra simple, I would find it mind boggling with all that stuff going on!!msp_scared.gif

Cheers

Matt

Actually this is a pretty tame set-up [biggrin] ..... When you don't have an fx-loop on your amp, and you don't like you guitar effects in the signal chain, it can make things a little more complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Dry / Wet rig and clean amp set-up with effects.... and how it ties all together

Mojave Dirty Boy amp / cab and attenuator mic'd from a Behringer 12 channel mixing board. Using effects from mixing board and vocal 300 multi effects... then finally through the JBLEON315 powered speaker monitor

P5140084a.jpg

Additional images of the mixing boards and vocal300 effects and JBLEON315

P5140085b.jpg

P5140086c.jpg

The amp switching system using the Lehle:

A= input to Mojave Dirty Boy

B= input to clean amp Vox AC50

C = input to daisy-chain effects for clean amp (VOX AC50)

C+B = output daisy chain effects back to the Lehle foot ABY box. (B, C, C+B are programmed together separate from A)

Arrow = intrument (guitar input)

P5140086d.jpg

Additional images of clean effects and VOXAC50 and effects for the clean channel amp.

P5140089e.jpg

P5140090f.jpg

And an image of the complete rig

P5140092h.jpg

Yea man, its quite interesting to hear how you pulled it all together...Can't wait to hear a demo of it in action....Looks great as well and thats always a plus.. [thumbup]

Thanx ..... Actually it's quite simpler than it sounds.... The Lehle ABY box really makes it quite organized.... I'm just going to have to decide which type of multi-effects unit I will use with the dry/wet rig... I like the sound of the effets that come from Behringer mixing board, but they are a bit limited. I too like the vocal300 multi effects, but that is more aimed for vocals, plus I want to keep that unit for vocals only.

I've been looking at this unit: TC Electronic G-System Guitar Multi-Effects Processor .... I'll be heading to the local GC to spend some quality time with it, and see if I like it

Thanx ..... Actually it's quite simpler than it sounds.... The Lehle ABY box really makes it quite organized.... I'm just going to have to decide which type of multi-effects unit I will use with the dry/wet rig... I like the sound of the effets that come from Behringer mixing board, but they are a bit limited. I too like the vocal300 multi effects, but that is more aimed for vocals, plus I want to keep that unit for vocals only.

I've been looking at this unit: TC Electronic G-System Guitar Multi-Effects Processor .... I'll be heading to the local GC to spend some quality time with it, and see if I like it

Going for the king of ME processor's eh? I've actually heard nothing but good things about it, the manager at my local Guitar store owns one, and uses it when he gigs and such, also use's it in the studio as well..Well if you come home with it please, give us a review...I've always been on the edge of ME processors, and have always preferred singular stomps.

Going for the king of ME processor's eh? I've actually heard nothing but good things about it, the manager at my local Guitar store owns one, and uses it when he gigs and such, also use's it in the studio as well..Well if you come home with it please, give us a review...I've always been on the edge of ME processors, and have always preferred singular stomps.

Will do boss!!!!!

I too dig the single stomp boxes as well, which is why I am keeping them running through my clean amp set-up (VOXAC50)....

But the issue is when running them (single stomp boxes) through the FX loop on the mixing board.... most stomp boxes struggle and have head-room issues.

There is only one problem that I see. The double neck is taking up way to much space for your rig. Luckily I have a fix for this.. Send it to me and it will no longer be cluttering up your rig. Problem Solved! [biggrin]

Andy

There is only one problem that I see. The double neck is taking up way to much space for your rig. Luckily I have a fix for this.. Send it to me and it will no longer be cluttering up your rig. Problem Solved! [biggrin]

Andy

LOL!!!

I'm still tyring to solve the massive neck heavy issue with that damn guitar. It's no wonder my brother gave up guitar after a year of buying the guitar [biggrin] ..... I'm looking into these straps to see if it will fix the issue. Heads Up Strap

LOL!!!

I'm still tyring to solve the massive neck heavy issue with that damn guitar. It's no wonder my brother gave up guitar after a year of buying the guitar [biggrin] ..... I'm looking into these straps to see if it will fix the issue. Heads Up Strap

Looks like it would be easy enough to do a proof of concept to see if it works before buying one. Cheap strap, something small and heavy for weight and some tape. See if it works...

G-System is nice. Just do not get any processor made by Digitech, Boss, or Line 6. I have had two Digitech RPs: an RP50 which broke on my like 2 years ago ( I only had it for like 3-4 months-but then again it was a few years old ) and now I have an RP1000 which is decent and more durable but it doesn't sound that great and colors my tone. And on the Digitech site it says MADE IN USA. LIES!!! I wonder if I could sue them for false advertising? They said the same thing about the Hardwire pedals ( to keep in the tradition of Dod A.K.A. "America's Pedal" so they say ). Anyways, take a look at the G-Force or G-Major 2, or any of the Rocktron rack units like the Intellefx ( I don't think they make those anymore ).

Here's a vid of the Mojave Ampworks Dirty Boy in action.... It's a short lead demo with a few f-ups here and there..... Big thanks to my daughter for working the video camera she has never worked before..... [laugh]

It's the Dry/Wet rig ..... enjoy ...or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYaxJMkW8D4&feature=player_embedded

Excellent tone Duane..even through the youtube and my speakers compression...One question..what guitar was that?

Archived