Gibson Brands Forums

Osama Bin Laden is dead

cavsrock08

Feel confident that, along the way, we've taken out more than one man. We've taken many of his lieutenants. O.B.L. is but the head of the snake.

My grandmother told me that snakes never die until after the sun goes down on the day their head is cut off. It was but an 'old wives tale', but I think there is an analogy here. The snake will continue to writhe and shake, striking out, but without the head it is very much weakened.

Make no mistake, now is not the time to dismantle the TSA, or the DHS. Now is the time for extra vigilance. Retaliations are probably being planned as we speak. But, rest assured we know a lot more about his network than we did before.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandfather was a rancher, every time he killed a rattlesnake he'd hang it on a fence to keep other rattlesnakes away...I don't know if it worked, he never ran out of snakes, but the buzzards were happy.

Osama is still dead, and I'm still happy. [biggrin]

While it HAS been 10 years, and there will always be more and more bad things happening in the world, I still have hope this is a victory.

I think there is more to this as a victory besides the death of one man, the leader. It is hard to ignore that along the way, to get to him, many Al Queda operatives were put out of business getting to him. It is also pretty clear to see the shape that Afganistan and the Taliban are in as a result of Osama's actions. And surely, while history will tell, Pakistan and it's government is thinking more about it as well.

I think for the most part, those that wish to do us harm the way Osama did are not experiencing the success they thought they had after the attacks. I think it possible and more likely it is being seen as a failure now that he is dead, and in the seeing of what it took to get there.

I hope anyway.

I vote we take the old Egyptian approach and have his name never spoken again. Let him and everything he stood for be meaningless. No recognition. Render his efforts futile. Impossible I know but to me it would be the ultimate revenge and strike to his ego that he not even be considered a part of history... Not worth remembering.

Good idea

1. Although I would have preferred that he was skinned and made into baseballs then used at the world series.

2. I know they dumped him into the ocean but I hope it was through a wood chipper that would make better chum.

We should forget about him now. He's not worth remembering.

The muslims will want him as a martyr. But we should ignore it.

'The Muslims', you mean the terrorists will want him as a martyr? Lol

Well said Cookie.......Politics and religion should not matter here......A mass murder was stopped........life goes on..............WTF...

Now, about that Long Island guy, hmmmm..........

Trouble is we as American's like our military operations to unfold and be all tied up in a nice little bow in 58 minutes, minus commercials. We as a people, sadly, have little attention span and even shorter memories. we, a nation of spectators, wanted it resolved. Right.... Now... [crying]

Mark my words, the events of May Day and the concomitant POTUS bounce will be forgotten by October as issues of 'greater import' (tongue firmly planted in cheek) are in the fore.... $6.00 gas. [scared]

Oh, and btw. The "Mission Accomplished" sign was correct. The sailors aboard that vessel did accomplish their mission and were rightly celebrated. It is onlookers who have taken that video bit out of context and twisted it into something that it wasn't and applied it to a person to whom it was not intended.

Archived