Gibson Brands Forums

My belated 50th Birthday Present.........

Mixhouse

I had a 335, which I sold about 16 years ago for 3 times what I'd paid for it. Have always regretted selling.

Anyway, a few weeks ago,I dropped into a local shop, just to look around,and there on the wall was a blonde Sheraton. It was in great condition, and a quick check of the serial # showed it having been built in 1986. The price seemed reasonable, so I thought I'd pick on it a bit, just for laughs.

In just a few minutes,I was convinced that this was the guitar I'd been waiting for to replace my Gibson; the action,sound and feel seemed so familiar. For me, it seemed every bit the guitar the 335 was, and that was a GREAT guitar.

I'll be trying it out next weekend for our first gig together, and I can't wait.

Am very happy to have found such a nice piece, and I'd like to thank my wife for "allowing" me to add to my collection!

Thanks for the B-day wishes.

I didn't post a photo, simply because it looks like a plain jane, straight vanilla blonde Sheraton; we all know what they look like.

However, I will post a picture as soon as I can get my son off the iMac, and I can get to the file with the photo I have there!

Thanks again for the greetings; I know I'm gonna love this beautiful instrument, and enjoy this forum as well.

I may even send pictures of my other guitars as well.........

Thanks for the B-day wishes.

I didn't post a photo, simply because it looks like a plain jane, straight vanilla blonde Sheraton; we all know what they look like.

However, I will post a picture as soon as I can get my son off the iMac, and I can get to the file with the photo I have there!

Thanks again for the greetings; I know I'm gonna love this beautiful instrument, and enjoy this forum as well.

I may even send pictures of my other guitars as well.........

There's a thread running in the Epi Lounge section now that members are posting their collections too. http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/67311-guitar-collection-pics-please/

I want to hear your head-to-head evaluation of the Sheraton and the 335! After you've had some playing time, I'd also be interested in whether you have plans to replace the pups. Anyway, congratulations!

The "plain Janes" of the world deserve love too --- if she feels good in your hands and sings with a voice that makes you happy, she's a winner and deserves to be celebrated on these pages. Post a pic, already!

[huh] That would be like going to a party and not introducing your wife, because her name is Jane and she has blonde hair.

Post a picture. It's the right thing to do.

I did try to post a picture, but I got a message about it being too large a file, so I'll re-take at a lower def and try again in the not too distant future.

My first gig with it is tomorrow night; I'm excited to see what she'll do..........

I did try to post a picture, but I got a message about it being too large a file, so I'll re-take at a lower def and try again in the not too distant future.

My first gig with it is tomorrow night; I'm excited to see what she'll do..........

Info on how to post pics (of any size) is in the DO-IT-YOURSELF thread pinned to the top of the Lounge, thanks to animalfarm who compiled and maintains it.

Used the Sheraton last night for the first time at a gig; it sounded great, played like a dream, and I got a lot of positive comments, both from fellow band members and the audience.

In fact, as she was leaving, one lady "mouthed" the words "I want that guitar"!

So there you go..........overall, a successful evening.

Used the Sheraton last night for the first time at a gig; it sounded great, played like a dream, and I got a lot of positive comments, both from fellow band members and the audience.

In fact, as she was leaving, one lady "mouthed" the words "I want that guitar"!

So there you go..........overall, a successful evening.

Great news Milhouse, sounds like a real keeper, congrats.

OK, here is a photo of the Sheraton; next to it is my still all-time fave, a '62 Guild TB100N "Slim Jim".

Hope this works.

Congrats on your new Sherri! AND that Guild just screams BLUES!!! A real sweet combo. [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup] Oh, and welcome to the forum and the 50 club.ENJOY!

Ain't life grand!! [biggrin]

Archived