Gibson Brands Forums

what is the point of FUZZ?

S t e v e

I always thought my mini tone master sounded like shite.

It sounds like a DS-1 through some headphones that aren't on your head to me.

To each his own I guess.

Crank the output volume and use gain to adjust the volume. Always worked for me and the "breakup" almost sounds natural for a bad tube amp haha

The zvex is pretty cool, but a bit out of my price range. Tiny amps sound awesome cranked

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Zvex Nano is freakin sweet! You have one retro?

Zvex prices are steep but my Zvex pedals are well worth the price (to me anyways). I love em.

Fred I blew mine up with my Big Muff it doesn't work anymore. Last time I turned it on it was oscillating like crazy.

The Zvex Nano is freakin sweet! You have one retro?

Zvex prices are steep but my Zvex pedals are well worth the price (to me anyways). I love em.

Fred I blew mine up with my Big Muff it doesn't work anymore. Last time I turned it on it was oscillating like crazy.

Oh yeah! Boutique stuff (most of it anyways) is well worth it to me. All I'm saying is that for a little amp, its out of my price range. Hard for me to swallow that cost for a 1/2 watt (right?) amp.

I used mine with the Swollen Pickle and cranked it a ton. Haven't blown it yet. I think I destroyed my Line 6 with the Swollen Pickle and a bass running through it though... hehehe

Laugh at this if you will, but when I first heard fuzz, my thought was that the intent more or less was to turn a guitar sound into a "dirty" sax player's sound.

m

Yeah I got my KOT and I was like "Wtf, no high gain? It must not be good"

but in seriousness I can coax some serious Spreading The Disease tone out of it.

Most things perceived as high gain, but actually has *cough cough* GOOD TONE *cough cough* actually isn't that high gain

I believe it

Dub I have to disagree on the Ds-1. It gives me a real nice Anthraxy tone when boosted with my KOT.

that's cool man I'm glad you dig it but I hated mine.

I got some pretty decent tones out of it but definately nothing great ever. I thought it was a pretty thin, cheesey sounding distortion but that's just me.

I've never heard a DS-1 sound "right". It lacks bass and sounds unnatural (in a bad way) to me.

Yeah, It sounded like crap, until the KOT ran into it. I'm not saying it even sounds great now, but It does allow me to do some cool Anthrax covers, that's all it's good for though. and alot of people probably think Anthrax had bad tone.

No Eq either, but the amp changes your sound some regardless of how the Eq is set, How about we all play our electrics acoustically?

The Frontman I had, the EQ didn't really change anything anyways...

Only the real luddites will play acoustically because they are real men

Oh, and screw strings, they mask your inability to make sound without them

Archived