Gibson Brands Forums

Atlas Amp Stands

garryrenfro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wowee! Thats an expensive stand for what it is. I think it cost me $60 in materials and a week to build the Red Oak coffee table I have. Very nice piece of workmanship but just a tad overpriced.

Ah, come on guys......It's SOLID wood, not ply or veneered..[flapper] ...Note how they are NON-AJUSTABLE to keep

it all very simple.....[scared][sneaky] ......Just LOOK at the fine wood grain !!!!!! [drool][woot] ......If you buy THREE, they throw in

a bottle of MINWAX....[lol] \:D/ .....And, hey, they got kids to put through college as well....eusa_whistle.gif.....

I LOVE the $ 10.00 fan for an extra $ 150.00..........:o ...

Do they explain the theory behind the whole sitting the amps at 40 degree angles like that?

Uhhhhhh something to do with bouncing the sound off your roof, wall and then floor? It ummmm makes some awesome reverb like when I set my amp up inside my glass shower stall :unsure:

I'm all for local business but that asking price is outrageous.

What they should be making are stable hardwood cabinets to stack multiple amps in to help with floor space in crowded rooms/studios. With a great base that's wide enough to prevent most tipping over problems, and vented slots to allow heat dissipation.

I would buy a wooden amp cabinet for storage, to save on floor space and make more room for more guitars.

Do they explain the theory behind the whole sitting the amps at 40 degree angles like that?

They don't, but I will, and Stein will elaborate later, and will correct me as well.......In a typical small / medium stage situation, a guitarest uses a 1X12,

2X12, or 4X12 cab, either combo, or head + cab(s)....[ Unless you're dem00n, who uses tiny computer speakers in his live rig [scared][blink] ].......

The guitarest stands near his rig, and adjusts the tone from where he/she stands, which is close to the rig....This typically results in the EQ

chosen to be rather harsh, too trebly....While the guitarest thinks his tone sounds awesome, the audience which is fairly close hears the

sound as harsh and not cool sounding....By the time any of the amp/cab sound reaches the 'soundman' in the back of the room, if any of

it does at all, it has already broken up and sounds OK, or is drowned out by the guitar in the PA mix, and or he's too busy listening to the

PA mix overall........So, one solution is to face one's amps towards the back wall.....The other solution is to angle cabs at an angle upwards,

which diffuses the harsh EQed away from the audience...Maybe another way to describe it is, when angled up a bit, the guitarest can hear

much clearer what the tone actually is set to coming from his / her set up......The result being, better sound, truer sound, etc etc..........[thumbup] ...

Dammit Pete! How do you have time to post when I sent you that big long to-do list?! [razz]

going to pick up Keith Richard's Autobio tonight. seems like an interesting read. the boss said no more xbox games till i finish the ones i have [mellow]

going to pick up Keith Richard's Autobio tonight. seems like an interesting read. the boss said no more xbox games till i finish the ones i have [mellow]

Did she say no more xbox games or no more video games? See xbox is a very specific thing, and the Wii is clearly very different. [razz]

they are one in the same to her, both a big waist of time. so i got looking around and i got a bunch of crap just sitting here, i think its time to fire up the ebay account again. that should keep me busy for a few days. [biggrin]

Hi, I'm the designer, I put this model at 126 degrees to match my Vox, they truly do sound great. This is designed around small stages and homes where you may not want cheapo stands.

The fan was more like $25, its 120VAV, ball bearings too. I actually have over $50 in each fan unit and a days work to get them wired and ready for finishing.

great comments, I need to know these things.

They take a long time to make, thus the price, and they will last forever, strong as an ox.

Thanks,

Josh,

owner

Archived