Gibson Brands Forums

I feel great

Kimbabig

Was feeling so depressed this morning, end of school work, have my grandma's funeral to attend, today, missing school and having make up because of it. I was all dressed up and I decided to play guitar. Felt terrible at first and was barely able to play. But I just closed my eyes and let the music flow through me, forgetting the world. I got so sweaty, but I didn't care, I just kept playing remembering last year when I'd hold my v and just play, getting all sweaty from the summer heat. I now realize what my guitar is to me, my anti-depressant. [biggrin] I don't need to make recordings or be in a band. I'm happy as long as I have a guitar.

I know what you mean... I truly believe that guitar saved my life... I could have gone down a bad path but when I decided I wanted to learn guitar I realized some of the things I was doing in my life would prevent me from achieving my goal to learn guitar. Suddenly the guitar became more important to me than everything else. I dedicate a lot of time to the guitar so I don't have time for the crap anymore and I don't want to do anything that will prevent me from becoming a good guitarest... [thumbup]

A guitar creates music and harmony in your life in many ways... Enjoy!

You guys are so right. I often wonder what my life would have been like without the guitar (or music; period). My life, as many of yours have probably had, has

been filled with it shares of ups and downs. And the guitar was always there for me, as Dave said, I wonder what other roads I may have taken if the guitar wasn't

there. I know in some cases it saved me from being involved with people I shouldn't be, who were trying to use me for their own selfish purpose or agenda. I also

gave my life to my Lord, Jesus, years ago. Now I use the gift of music that He, my creator, gave me in the first place, to play at my church and in prison ministry.

I still play in a band, too, but I know where my talent comes from and however I use it I want to give Him glory. And as Kimbabig said, the guitar can be a great anti-depressant. Yes, many of the downs I've been through would have been much harder to handle if I didn't have the guitar to pick me up. I've also found that it

can be a pain killer. I suffer from various physical, and sometimes mental, ailments and I find, especially when I'm out playing with the band, that I no longer feel

them while I'm playing. It's only when were done, packed up, and I start settling down does the pain come back. So playing guitar sometimes becomes a great anesthesia,

too! [thumbup]

Music has always been a release for me . . . . whether playing, listening or attending a show.

And I've always used playing as not only a release, but also a stress reliever. Nothing beats a hard driving, sweaty axe workout. B)

Had a similar moment the night my grandmother died. I played until 4 am, and it just helped me come to terms with it all. Playing guitar has always been a shelter for me, when I find I can't take it.

Music is my ground, god I love gravity.

Yeah it's true. The night my Father passed away we got home at 4am and my wife exhausted went to bed. I grabbed my old Alvarez beater and sat till the sun came up playing instrumental passages that not only eased my pain but serenaded Dad inside the pearly gates.

I'm sure he was smiling the whole way.

Archived