Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Savage has died!

LarryUK

Sweet The Undertaker finally got him. Next up is Hogan, watch your back buddy!

It sucks, I used to watch wrestling back when these guys did it all. Undertaker, Macho Man, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley as Mankind or Cactus Jack, back when it wasnt so obviously fake!

I was a huge wrestling fan as a kid and Randy was awesome.

Although I never met him, I was shocked when I heard he passed.

A couple of us at work yesterday even took an hour off to mourn. LOL

At least Randy died of natural causes and didn't meet an untimely death like so many other professional wrestlers.

It sucks, I used to watch wrestling back when these guys did it all. Undertaker, Macho Man, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley as Mankind or Cactus Jack, back when it wasnt so obviously fake!

It was so obviously fake but you were probably to young to notice. I've watched a few of the old classic fights more recently and they weren't so great.

I'm going to miss him.

He was an instrumental part of my formative years.

I remember going into bars with my brother and one of us would play the heal and the other the face. We'd get into it so bad the bouncer's would be on us after a few minutes. They knew us and knew it was a set-up. After going through this a few times on different occasions, we were told not to come back, together that is. It was always in good fun though.

I loved the Macho Man, Miss Elizabeth, Lex Lugar, the Ultimate Warrior, Rowdy Roddy Piper, and of course Hulk Hogan. That's when we were giants among men. At that time in my life I was six feet, two inches tall and 245 lbs. of lean, hard muscle. I had a 35 inch waste. When we played the earth shook under our feet.

I remember this one guy told my brother—all 6'6" of him—that he was going to "cut" him "into little pieces."

I spun this joker around, checked him for a knife, grabbed him by the seat of his pants and the scruff of his neck and lifted him over my head like he was a rag doll. Then I proceeded to drive him into the concrete with all of my might. We kicked the daylight out of him. He actually had the nerve to come back with a big ol' marine corps fighting knife. That's when some other people intervened. The sheriff's arrest him a short while later trying to drive away. This guy was high on meth and had been drinking too. He went away for a while.

Anyway, Randy Savage had a huge influence on me as a young man.

Silence...

and then the sound of a bell.

Archived