Gibson Brands Forums

Colosi Bridge Pins

BoyVader

Boy Vader, I think the truth must now be told before the dark side triumphs.

You need to let it be known that Hogeye ...is really your son, better known as JediHogeyewalker. Brother of Princess GillianGirl, ruler of the distant, bright planet J-185.

You must resist the dark side at all cost ..... or you will turn into a sensitive, new galaxy Taylor playing Avatar ...

I am not called BoyVader for nothing... [angry]

This thread was hijacked by others...who insulted Mr Colosi and all those who buy from him...

Please explain my other personal attacks? Apologies to anyone I have upset.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy Vader, I think the truth must now be told before the dark side triumphs.

You need to let it be known that Hogeye ...is really your son, better known as JediHogeyewalker. Brother of Princess GillianGirl, ruler of the distant, bright planet J-185.

You must resist the dark side at all cost ..... or you will turn into a sensitive, new galaxy Taylor playing Avatar ...

ROFL!! I have half a mind to post a picture of myself with two big buns attached to the side of my head! [biggrin]

I have no problem with people who are passionate about this, that or the other thing. And, being a social worker, I've been known to dip into controversy myself over the rights of others, including animals i.e., I'm embroiled in the horse slaughter issue right now, oooooo-eeeeee, that's a hot one!! Anyway, In a perfect world we'd all see eye-to-eye, but that's unrealistic. Usually you can get more flies with honey than vinegar, but not always. From controversy and passion comes change. That's not a bad thing as long as the change is a good one. Discussion is good because it causes people to view things with a critical eye. You have to admit this thread has gone on for 6 pages now because it's interesting and it draws you in, makes you think about the issue and form an opinion. Not a bad thing at all!

Now, I must away to groom and ride my giant plush toy. I'm on a Hank Williams Sr. kick right now and have Long Gone Lonesome Blues playing in my head. Life is good.

Discussion is good because it causes people to view things with a critical eye. You have to admit this thread has gone on for 6 pages now because it's interesting and it draws you in, makes you think about the issue and form an opinion. Not a bad thing at all!

Now, I must away to groom and ride my giant plush toy. I'm on a Hank Williams Sr. kick right now and have Long Gone Lonesome Blues playing in my head. Life is good.

Totally agree--been an interesting, if bumpy, read.

Found this one on my latest Hank Sr. bug -ever hear it? Three chords and the truth, alright...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeHDwNovXH4

There's another version on y/t, where Willie dubbed himself onto Hank's demo of this song. That's kinda nice, too.

And, speaking of life is good, GW is coming here in August, playing the best venue in town (or maybe anywhere). Yup; life's good alright! [thumbup]

And, speaking of life is good, GW is coming here in August, playing the best venue in town (or maybe anywhere). Yup; life's good alright! [thumbup]

That's GREAT news! She's coming to Vancouver, which is probably as close as she'll get to Calgary so I'm going to try and swing it. She and Dave are so wonderful to watch. Now I'm going to watch that Hank video......[thumbup]

Edit: I'm playing along with the Hank video. What a sweet song. Capo 1, D, G, A, pretty , pretty, pretty.

Best

thread

ever.

I use the pinky-toe bone from young Lithuanian dwarfs, harvested while they sleep using bolt cutters. They heal up fine and can scamper around in a matter of days.

ok, no I don't. That would be AWFUL! I don't think there are many Lithuanian dwarfs left. The dwarf bowling phenomenon in the 80's culled the resource pretty heavily.

Now I just use clone bone, which is a man-made clone grown from the stem cells harvested from late term fetuses (feti??) I make gig bags outta the skin.

I'm on no side in this fight. I like elephants just fine and don't think they should be killed to be bridge pins. If I had me some ivory I would carve me some bridge pins. If you kill an elephant for it's ivory I would cut off your pinky-toe and make it into a bridge pin.

Plastic, it's manufacturing process and inability to bio-degrade, is a MUCH bigger threat to our eventual demise than the use of ivory. When the earth is dead and barren you will see (ok, you won't actually see, since you're part of the dead and barren scenario. but imagine if you will...) there will be huge huge piles of plastic trash covering the earth. And very few elephants. There WILL be plastic elephants, however.

There are reasonable points to both sides of the battle...I respect both camps. When they become fanatic I find I lose respect for their argument. When they attack personally I object to them.

My ears have taken enough abuse (or...just regular use) that I couldn't tell you if a guitar had ivory, plastic or Lithuanian dwarf pinky-toe bridge pins. I will, however, happily bling up my guitars a bit with some nice bone! Ivory would be fine but I ain't payin' that kinda cabbage.

I hope you all are quite annoyed with me now. Thank you for this highly entertaining thread.

• 10 months later...

Archived