Gibson Brands Forums

Now This Is A Cool Looking Guitar!

neilpanda

I love mine it was sold or auctioned as part of the Music Rising project to help replace instruments that musicians had lost during Katrina. I remember the first time that I posted a photo people on here, called it the vomit burst guess nothings changed. The pickguard and other wood parts were all made from wood that was recovered from the flooded area's, It also came with a standard pickguard as the wood one probably would not hold up real well. The finish was called Mardi-Gra which is a lot nicer sounding then the vomist burst or Barf Burst as people called it, the only bad thing about the finish is they also put red wax like you would use to seal a envelope with in the old days on the guitar which a lot of people hated and cleaned it off before playing the guitar. I really liked the look of the wooden Pick Guard so I cut a cover for the guard out of a very thin sheet of clear Lexan sign plastic and sandwiched that over the pick guard so I didn't need to worry about scratches.

It was a limited edition with some being sold or auctioned and then most large Guitar Centers got only one to sell. As you can see in the below photo they had some really nice wood in the top at least on mine and the finish is thin so the grain and quilting in the top really shows through.

IMG_1739.jpg

Archived