Gibson Brands Forums

A B Y

Bowdiddley

I use a couple of ART Cool Switches, 30 bucks or so. Quiet, never given me a problem at all in 6 or 7 years now. I always record a couple amps/digital things at a time, so I use them a lot.

There are quite a few out there, some use the rare unobtanium chips if yer into booteek, some use hardware store garbage.

rct

Is popping a problem with most, I definitely don't want that my playing is bad enough already.

For someone that plays loud like myself, switching from one amp to another can make for some interesting noises. I've found that some of the lower priced ABY boxes can be very noisy.

The Lehles definately seem like the best but dayumm they be spensive. There's a dude on another forum that's helpin me with a build I'm doing.. He makes feedback loops and switchers and stuff I could give you his email address or something and he'd make you whatever you want for pretty cheap. He's good!

The Lehles definately seem like the best but dayumm they be spensive. There's a dude on another forum that's helpin me with a build I'm doing.. He makes feedback loops and switchers and stuff I could give you his email address or something and he'd make you whatever you want for pretty cheap. He's good!

Sure send me his info via PM please. What forum is he on if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah after Duane suggested I did some research on the Lehle and I agree they are high quality but dang $300 for a switcher is a little steep. Now maybe I can find one used and get a better price.....

my Morley a/b/y/ was $38 USD.....doesn't need a (9v)battery or ac adapter unless you HAVE to have the L.E.D. lights on, and doesn't pop if my guitar volume is down.....

it's built like a tank from "hardware store crap" and left me enough change for more equipment.

i've toe-tapped it/stomped it/even boot-heeled it(leather heeled cowboy boots) and it just begs for more (ly)

my Morley a/b/y/ was $38 USD.....doesn't need a (9v)battery or ac adapter unless you HAVE to have the L.E.D. lights on, and doesn't pop if my guitar volume is down.....

it's built like a tank from "hardware store crap" and left me enough change for more equipment.

i've toe-tapped it/stomped it/even boot-heeled it(leather heeled cowboy boots) and it just begs for more (ly)

+1

Yes, the morely is a good one. I use it all the time and the battery last a long time. Bought one three years ago and still running on the original battery. It is also true bypass.

I also use the Lehle brand boxes - I have both a 1 at 3 and also a P-Split they both work great no problems and no popping or noise.

If your just looking for 1 instrument into two amps (or the reverse) the Little Lehle is supposedly solid and it's only about $150 I just ordered one of these to be able to have another small box that can route two guitars into a single amp.

I think the whole big deal about the Lehle switchers is that they have really good buffers. Apparently you run into some issues with passive, true bypass switchers. I haven't ever used one so I couldn't really tell you... I've only read about it.

You could take a cheap, passive, true bypass switcher and put a buffer pedal or a pedal with buffered bypass after one or both "channels" of the ABY for a ghetto buffered ABY. I'm pretty sure that would work just as well and if you have a couple boss pedals laying around it's much cheaper.

Archived