Gibson Brands Forums

I think I may have a problem...

RaiderAce

I like thee way you guys think but I need you to explain that to my wife. [thumbup]

Actually, those aren't the start. They join a 57R Goldtop VOS, an LP Traditional, an Explorer, and a Songwriter Deluxe Ovangkol, as well as a variety of other assorted stuff (Fenders, Epiphones, etc).

Nice man some beauties there. I am debating getting an SG but I think a new Heater at home is the priority this month <_<

Yeah, home comfort is important. I got a great deal on that SG, as well as the black LP classic ($825 US). Hopefully, you can come across some good deals and get the SG and a heater!

I don't know where you live but it's not anywhere near me in Arizona if a heater is a priority this month. It was 112 degrees outside and the humidity has rolled in so it's pretty miserable outside. It rain for about 1 minute today just enough to raise the humidity and stick dirt to everything, especially the cars. Oh well Monsoon season is what keeps everybody from wanting to live in Arizona but I just had to vent after the heater comment.

I don't know where you live but it's not anywhere near me in Arizona if a heater is a priority this month. It was 112 degrees outside and the humidity has rolled in so it's pretty miserable outside. It rain for about 1 minute today just enough to raise the humidity and stick dirt to everything, especially the cars. Oh well Monsoon season is what keeps everybody from wanting to live in Arizona but I just had to vent after the heater comment.

Sorry about that dude, no bueno. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and we're still waiting for summer. We had about a week of good weather and now it's rained the past two days. Supposedly, some low 80's are on the way. But, seeing is believing.

I like thee way you guys think but I need you to explain that to my wife. [thumbup]

Actually, those aren't the start. They join a 57R Goldtop VOS, an LP Traditional, an Explorer, and a Songwriter Deluxe Ovangkol, as well as a variety of other assorted stuff (Fenders, Epiphones, etc).

That's still just a start compared to some of the guys on here (no names needed) but still nice guitars and it sounds like they got adopted by a nice family with some of the other things you listed there.

That's still just a start compared to some of the guys on here (no names needed) but still nice guitars and it sounds like they got adopted by a nice family with some of the other things you listed there.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm envious of some of these collections I see on here. Thanks!

Very Nice collection you have got going!

I especially love the colour and shading on the 'burst in the snap. What type of LP is it, exactly?

P.

That is a Standard, not sure of the color. I recently picked that up at Norman's Rare Guitars on a trip to LA. I guess it used to belong to David Ryan Harris, who plays with John Mayer. I'm looking for an aged nickel cover to put back on that rear pickup.

Thanks for the reply, RaiderAce.

If you are interested enough, when you next have the strings off (and can be bothered), you might find the finish-code stamped or written in the neck p'up cavity like this;

VSB.jpg

P.

Great problem you have there.

Sometimes people just don't understand. You NEED to have variety.

I'm up to 6 now. 4 new ones in the past 18 months. My wife tells me that I really should get myself a good 6 string acoustic but when I mention electrics, she winces visibly.

I'm watching the money a little closer now. Wife just retired, installed a new hot tub and added about 500 square feet of decking. Could have bought a nice Pearly Gates LP for that but I think I prefer my married life. Its hard to snuggle up to guitars and amps and stuff.

If you are interested enough, when you next have the strings off (and can be bothered), you might find the finish-code stamped or written in the neck p'up cavity like this;

VSB.jpg

P.

Sure thing. I just changed strings though, so it could be a bit. I'll call Gibson later today with the serial number, they should be able to tell us.

Great problem you have there.

Sometimes people just don't understand. You NEED to have variety.

I'm up to 6 now. 4 new ones in the past 18 months. My wife tells me that I really should get myself a good 6 string acoustic but when I mention electrics, she winces visibly.

I'm watching the money a little closer now. Wife just retired, installed a new hot tub and added about 500 square feet of decking. Could have bought a nice Pearly Gates LP for that but I think I prefer my married life. Its hard to snuggle up to guitars and amps and stuff.

Yeah, that's true. But...it is a Pearly Gates!!! Wow, I'd love one of those. I picked up a new Songwriter last year, unfortunately I had to send it back for some warranty work. On the bright side, Gibson took really good care of me, did a top notch repair, and even threw in a killer set up (supposedly from one of the Master Builders). I'd encourage you to take a look at that line if you ever decide on trying an acoustic.

VSB.jpg

P.

The good people at 800-4-Gibson tell me this is Iced Tea Burst.

Archived