Gibson Brands Forums

Whats The Best Effects Pedal I Can Buy For $100?

Tman5293

I actually just tore my pedalboard apart, and tore all the velcro off the board, and I'm applying paint to it. Also simplifying it, no more Bad Horsie, Ac-2, Main Squeeze, Jackhammer, or Ds-1. So it'll only be one level.

Like the title states, I want to know whats the best possible effects pedal I can add to my pedal board for $100. I was previously only looking at delay pedals but I've decided to ask the forum, whats the most useful addition to my pedal board? A delay? Phaser? Chorus? I can really go up to $120 since I have a $20 off coupon. Help me out here guys!

boss ns2 noise supressor

Yo evol do you usually use the polytune mode or just tune each string individually?

Why else would you buy it? People get it for the polytune mode. Though i think its useless if you use other tunings.

IMO i like the Boss one more, it can take alot of damage.

Why else would you buy it? People get it for the polytune mode. Though i think its useless if you use other tunings.

I don't really thrash my pedals. I have a pedalboard so nothing really happens to them. I just don't really like Boss pedals either. I hate the enclosures and switches and don't want that buffer.

I've heard the switch kinda sucks on those TC pedals. Other than that I'm not really sure the Boss is much more durable.

From when we jammed, I think he tunes single string, but its nice to be able to check to see if anything is out right away like on stage or whatever you know?

I use it for both. The polytune mode is great for double checking all of the strings silently. Then you can fine tune with the individual mode.

Why else would you buy it?

- Because the TU2 is a tone suck. Why put a buffer pedal first in your chain, especially before dirt boxes that are made to work as an extension of your pickups? Buffer pedals have their place. It's further down the chain.

- The Polytune offers more granular tuning (0.5 cent) vs the TU3 (1 cent).

- And with the physical switch (Boss uses virtual switches) and metal casing I have no worries that the Polytune can take as much abuse as a TU2 or TU3.

Archived