Gibson Brands Forums

This Is What My Rig Sounds Like...............

Tman5293

Very, very interesting.

I find it so bizarre how you get that OD sound with the Big Muff through the effects loop--but, it does sound great. I also like your vibrato technique--it reminds me of my own. [biggrin]

Carry on. [thumbup]

Thanks man! I told you my Big Muff was unique! msp_biggrin.gifmsp_flapper.gif

Sounds good dude. You got me inspired to post up something now.... Maybe I will finally get around to doing it.

Andy

Yeah Andy I really want to hear you! no pressure though, just get something when you can,

and Tman, I heard no wah, do you not use it much?

that's some serious tone. [thumbup]

Sounds good dude. You got me inspired to post up something now.... Maybe I will finally get around to doing it.

Andy

Well done.

Tone was good.

Playing likewise, good.

Sounded nice.

Thanks guys! msp_thumbup.gif Looking forward to hearing you play Andy! msp_thumbup.gif

Hey! That was pretty sweet!

The cleaner setting on the Big Muff + the Memory Boy was pure awesomeness. You could do some sweet psyche action with that sound. How do you have it set for that part anyways? I wanna give that a try with my Muffs.

I wouldn't call that a tube screamer like OD, but that was an EXCELLENT clean-ish Muff sound!

Hey! That was pretty sweet!

The cleaner setting on the Big Muff + the Memory Boy was pure awesomeness. You could do some sweet psyche action with that sound. How do you have it set for that part anyways? I wanna give that a try with my Muffs.

I wouldn't call that a tube screamer like OD, but that was an EXCELLENT clean-ish Muff sound!

It's actually even less bassy than that in real life. The mic was adding a little bit on the bass end there. The settings on my Muff are volume at 9 o' clock, tone at 3 o' clock, and sustain at 8 o' clock.

Man you keep your volume low. Lol there's something weird going on. How is the volume at 9 o'clock not giving you a fat volume drop? EHX Muffs have like no output. That's why everyone turns the volume up so high on them.

It's actually at around 9:15ish. I did have it at 1 o' clock before I got the Memory Boy. I had to turn the Muff's volume down because for some reason the Memory boy doubles its volume. Yeah I've determined that the Memory Boy is doubling the Muff's volume and not so much my amp's.

Guest farnsbarns

Very nice,

You seem to have all the same goto riffs and bits as I do at the moment when I'm just noodling. You know, the first 5 minutes when you're just warming up and waiting for something to pop into your head to play for real.

Very nice,

You seem to have all the same goto riffs and bits as I do at the moment when I'm just noodling. You know, the first 5 minutes when you're just warming up and waiting for something to pop into your head to play for real.

Thanks! msp_thumbup.gif

For me noodling usually lasts longer than the first 5 minutes. msp_flapper.gif

Archived