Gibson Brands Forums

Jam buddies

cavsrock08

It may sound like my mind is in the gutter but if you think about it it works the same way. Playing with someone else is just more fun than playing with yourself. You can make music by your self but if more fun bouncing sounds and ideas off of someone else and seeing where it goes.

I went to a Jam session last night at a friends house. He and one of the guys in his band were going to set up outside and play after it started cooling down.

He invited me to come over and ask me to bring an axe and play, so I did. The three of us had a great time. I had jammed with Scott in the past a couple of times but never with his lead guitarist from the band. Worked out real well. Dale told me to go ahead and take some leads and he would play rhythm part of the time.

Loads of fun and I took the advice of a female friend who told me you don't have to know the guy to play with him. I had told her I didn't know if I would take a guitar or not because I didn't know one of the guys.

I went to a Jam session last night at a friends house. He and one of the guys in his band were going to set up outside and play after it started cooling down.

He invited me to come over and ask me to bring an axe and play, so I did. The three of us had a great time. I had jammed with Scott in the past a couple of times but never with his lead guitarist from the band. Worked out real well. Dale told me to go ahead and take some leads and he would play rhythm part of the time.

Loads of fun and I took the advice of a female friend who told me you don't have to know the guy to play with him. I had told her I didn't know if I would take a guitar or not because I didn't know one of the guys.

Well in many cases with females, they are ethier right, or....right. So you clearly made the right choice lol.

Yep. Jammin with others is always so much more enjoyable than just sitting in your room playing to yourself. Aside from the comradery of hanging with your buds, there is a satisfaction of everyone working together to create music. It's really great when you have a group where everyone is generous with the music. If you have someone who tries to hog all the parts for themself, it kinda puts a drag on things.

If you ever record yourselves jamming, you'll realize that it doesn't always sound as good as you thought when you were doing it. But it's still a lot of fun nonetheless. :)

My wife and I are in a very non structured social group in our neighborhood. It's one of those deals where someone hosts a party, usually one particular Fri night per month, everyone shows up from 6-9 or so, BS, food, booze, etc.

Long story short, the next party is late Aug and the host is a seriously good jazz keyboard player, and thought it would be fun to have the theme of the next party a "jam session" so any and all who can play any instrument are invited to show & join in. It's going to be totally unrehearsed, and either a ton of fun or a meltdown LOL!! (I'm guessing on the fun part)

The other best thing about jamming with others, is you learn soooooo much!!

I too went to a jam session yesterday. More like a band meeting, but only to mess around and have fun. None of that serious crap [flapper] But our bassist somehow heard us say 'monday' instead of saturday. so it ended up being me, the drummer, and the singer fooling around.

But I was able to teach my drummer and singer some chords on the guitar! but I got a little scared when I handed my guit to my drummer, he likes to move his arms. a lot. but all went well. having another jam session/meeting with a fill in drummer for the next 2 shows as our current drummer is going to europe until mid august.

If you can find people to play music with, never hesitate, it's much more fun than playing alone [thumbup]

I need someone to jam with........................msp_crying.gif

Same here. I've gone through Craigslist, Bandmix, and a couple of local sites and have turned up nothing. As soon as I say I'm out just for fun and not looking to start a band, it's over. I guess I should start lying.

Lets have a huge skype jam with all the members on the forum! [flapper]

OMFG YES!!! Do you realize the awesomeness of that statement!? msp_w00t.gifmsp_w00t.gifmsp_w00t.gif

We should totally do this! Except it should be in a Google+ hangout, not Skype! msp_biggrin.gif

Tomorrow I have a jam session/lesson with my guitar guy/teacher. First time in like 3 months. Why does having someone else to play with just make it that much better? (Interesting sentence if your mind is the gutter)

Don't worry:

My mind is not in the gutter. It is in the guitar!

Can we seriously do this?

Yeah! If you have a mic that you connect your PC and then mic your amp with it's easy! You just have to get everybody's skype name and add them to your friends list. You just make one big group voice chat session. But instead of voices we'll use guitars!

Yeah! If you have a mic that you connect your PC and then mic your amp with it's easy! You just have to get everybody's skype name and add them to your friends list. You just make one big group voice chat session. But instead of voices we'll use guitars!

skype or google+?

alright then!

what date? What time? and what songs?

Hmm......................I'm down with any time and just about any date. As for songs, I don't care. It could just be a blues jam or something. we should definitely get some more people on board for this though. Just you and me might get boring after a while. msp_flapper.gif

Hmm......................I'm down with any time and just about any date. As for songs, I don't care. It could just be a blues jam or something. we should definitely get some more people on board for this though. Just you and me might get boring after a while. msp_flapper.gif

indeed it would. so...who's in?

Are any of you guys able to do it right now? Obviously I can't mic my DeVille at 1 in the morning but I could hook up my Line 6 to my PC's line in jack. OMFG!!! I just got an idea! We could do acoustic jams at night and electric jams during the day!

Archived