Gibson Brands Forums

1953 ES125

G McBride

Bought a ES 125 on eBay the other day. I played one of these that belonged to a coworkers father and decided I should have one. Been watching for a while and finally one came up on eBay that looks almost pristine. I'll post more when it arrives next week.

Bought a ES 125 on eBay the other day. I played one of these that belonged to a coworkers father and decided I should have one. Been watching for a while and finally one came up on eBay that looks almost pristine. I'll post more when it arrives next week.

es 125 is very nice guitar!

The ES-125 represents one of the best values in today's vintage market. Love my '66 thin body with it's wonderful P90 tone & honeyburst finish - can't imagine parting with it. My guess is yours will be a winner, too!

Thanks for all of the responses. I was going to ask if it would have been made in Kalamazoo.

I was quite impressed with the old one that Jim brought in to work that used to be his fathers. I started researching the guitar for him and decided that I needed to find one for myself. Then I decided if I was going to get one that it should be a 1953 model as my wife and I were both born in 53.

I am supposed to get the guitar Thursday if shipping goes well.

Thanks for all of the responses. I was going to ask if it would have been made in Kalamazoo.

I was quite impressed with the old one that Jim brought in to work that used to be his fathers. I started researching the guitar for him and decided that I needed to find one for myself. Then I decided if I was going to get one that it should be a 1953 model as my wife and I were both born in 53.

I am supposed to get the guitar Thursday if shipping goes well.

Yes, it was made in Michigan, and that means it automatically will come with the sweet smell of Kalamazoo shop dust! When I got my 125, the smell instantly took me back to a '65 B25n I played for twenty years.

Archived