Gibson Brands Forums

NAD!

Namvet

Great day for ICVMCKY (Spider)! Got a Marshall MHZ40C tube amp. I was offered a Peavy Valve King 50 for US $275 and told momma about it. After the dirty looks she finally said its your money. My reason was that we are getting ready to start doing some freebe gigs at the veteran homes soon and I needed an amp that could compete with the bass and drums. I told the salesman at Willcutts I didn't care for the sound of the valve king and what kind of deal could he cut me on a Marshall. After trying out the Haze 40, I told him "talk to me". His reply was that since I was a good customer I could have it for $$$. Needless to sa I walked out a happy camper. Will give it a workout today at practice!! \:D/

Welcome to the world of Marshall,I have 4 Marshalls and they are just about the deadliest amps made,I know that they have just the right tone for me.Congrats on buying a great little amp.

Thnx men. It was perfect at practice. Had the volumn on 2 and had to turn it down a touch! The amp combined with the Les Paul made me feel I was playing better. Must be the psycological confidence thing.

I have the same amp, its really loud. It's still a good amp though. Oh and mind you its a ***** to change the tubes. [lol]

Looks like my fumble fingers will have to have a service tech change them if one goes bad. LOL

Archived