Gibson Brands Forums

NGD SG 61 Reissue

noah76

You will never regret buying it...it will make you smile everytime you play it..even when you just look at it.. dammnn I am going to play mine now.

Congrats.. [thumbup][biggrin]

oh don't forget to put some Schaller Strap Locks on that baby... I would give the Dunlop or others a miss as I have found the Shaller locks to be the best.

Just picked this up the other day. A kick *** 2011 SG RI. It was priced just a little bit more then a standard so I couldn't pass it up. It was new not used as some other people have asked.

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

DSCN0255.jpg

beautiful,congrats [thumbup]

the newer sg 61 has a bit more bevels than mine [drool]

but im happy with mine, just got to show her [laugh]

0062.jpg

You will never regret buying it...it will make you smile everytime you play it..even when you just look at it.. dammnn I am going to play mine now.

Congrats.. [thumbup][biggrin]

oh don't forget to put some Schaller Strap Locks on that baby... I would give the Dunlop or others a miss as I have found the Shaller locks to be the best.

If you use the Schallers on a '61 RI make sure you use the original gibby screw on the neck button - Because of the thin neck, the Schaller screw comes very close to going all the way through the neck and into the back of the fretboard (measure the length of the Schaller screw and compare it to the thickness of the guitar at that point). You need to drill out the hole in button or turn down the gibby screw to fit the hole in the button.

Nice, I got one too.

I was not too happy with my deal from Musician's Friend.

It was used/demo reboxed. Although,

When I plugged it in. It sounds big.

Must be the 57pups and the Gibson wood.

Big low end, and clear highs. I'm keeping it for now.

Hope you like yours! Congrats.

Archived