Gibson Brands Forums

Overdrive

Dub-T-123

Well is it a nameless overdrive? What's it based off of?

It's based on the lovepedal super lead which is basically a Marshall guv'nor.

I didn't have one of the resistors I needed so I just threw a random one in there that's not even close to the value I needed. It gives it a lot less bite and it has kindof a slightly saggy attack like a fuzz. It's kinda cool I'm gonna try out some different values and see what's good.

Thanks djroje. The picture kinda sucks but yeah..

Thanks robot. My friend/drummer asked me to make him a pedal for bass. I'm thinkin I'll make a wooly mammoth clone with the madbean pcb. Have you made one?

Na man I haven't built a WM but I'm working on an Octane right now. The best fuzz I've used with bass is the Shoegazer. Its epic sonic assult

This makes me more confident in Dub Pedals, maybe I'll get one soon, Oh and I'm also considering selling my carbon copy and then dishing out the dough for an el capistan. but that would delay (no pun intented) getting one of your pedals.

So which do you choose Dub? endorsing yourself or your beloved el capistan? mwuahahahahahaha.

Jk, but seriously tell me how awesome the el cap is before I change my mind.

Haha honestly just get the El Capistan. I can't make a pedal that sounds as awesome as the El Cap. I bought mine used for $260. You can probably get one cheaper now if you wanna go used.

Thanks dbreslauer!

Giantrobot how are the madbean pcbs? They seem pretty nice especially for the price. The wooly mammoth pcb is only $4. I bet the Shoegazer rules on bass. I wonder how my new Hyperion will sound with bass. Hmmm

Cool man. If it sounds anything like a Love Pedal Plexi, you got a beast. [thumbup]

Would love to hear a sample.

I'm not familiar with that pedal but I'm willing to bet this sounds nothing like it haha. The part that I tweaked makes it sound different than it "should". I wouldn't do that on a pedal I was building for someone else (unless they wanted me to) but this is just my own thing I'm messin around with. The sound reminds me of the Black Keys. It's kindof a borderline fuzzy overdrive.

I don't have a recording setup unfortunately

On the bay right now there's one going for $310, I mean, what the hell.

Yeah eBay sucks for pedals unless you get lucky or something. Look at the pedal emporium at thegearpage.net. There are some really good deals there sometimes, but you have to be quick. I got a Strymon Ola for a little over $200 in mint condish from there. They're like $300 new I think? The El Cap is probly worth more used though.

I'm not familiar with that pedal but I'm willing to bet this sounds nothing like it haha. The part that I tweaked makes it sound different than it "should". I wouldn't do that on a pedal I was building for someone else (unless they wanted me to) but this is just my own thing I'm messin around with. The sound reminds me of the Black Keys. It's kindof a borderline fuzzy overdrive.

I don't have a recording setup unfortunately

Nothin wrong with a little classic fuzz.

Gotcha man.

Kinda inspires me to get the 'ol soldering iron out again meself.

Giantrobot how are the madbean pcbs? They seem pretty nice especially for the price. The wooly mammoth pcb is only $4. I bet the Shoegazer rules on bass. I wonder how my new Hyperion will sound with bass. Hmmm

Yeah Madbeans the sh!t. They have really well done layouts. Hes discontinuing all the Zvex stuff so I'd snatch that WM pcb up quick.

Thanks for the heads up man. I'm gonna get two wooly mammoth pcbs. One for my friend and one for me.

Jon that's the first pedal I've wired haha. I just mounted the jacks and switch how they would be and wired them still mounted in the enclosure. I wired the pots out of the box. I tried as best as I could to make it look nice, but it was my first attempt so it was a learning experience haha

Archived