Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!

poopcicle

Love my ES-175 but have been wanting to dip my toes in the P90 pool! I couldn't resist the MF deal for the LP 56' Limited edition! wanted the gold top but at 299.99 with a free OHSC I went with the ebony! Can't wait for it to get here! Not only is it my first single coil but also my first real solid body! [drool]

Ok not the best pics but here they are!

100_0913.jpg

100_0910.jpg

100_0914.jpg

100_0912.jpg

100_0911.jpg

That's an INSANE DEAL! I'm counting my cash to see if I can get one of these. And if I do this, I'm thinking...

Gold Bigsby

Gold Hardware

Black P90 covers

Black Knobs

Check out this video GREAT tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJlDDckBqeo

nice vid! I wish the Goldtop was on sale also but I know I will love the Ebony.

Congratulations!! That is a wonderful deal and everything Ive read regarding the Epi 56 LPs has been glowing. Many feel their P90 PU is the best of the epi line up and doesnt need replacement. The P90 might be my fav pup and I think everyone needs a guitar with them

Behold... "The Log"!!! [biggrin]

... & at least Mr Poopcicle has given us something to look forward to come Monday [glare]

Well looks like Tuesday delivery now.......BOOOOOOO

quick question, will Gibson knobs fit on Epiphone guitars? This is ridiculous of me but I can't stand that they put the gold knobs on the ebony model that had chrome hardware! I found some chrome and cream knobs that I think would look sweet with the black, chrome and cream already at play!

quick question, will Gibson knobs fit on Epiphone guitars?

Real shame about the delay, the anxiousness of waiting can be really painful sometimes.

No, the shafts on Epis are Metric and they are larger Imperial sized shafts on Gibsons. There's a ton of them that will suit on eBay though.

Real shame about the delay, the anxiousness of waiting can be really painful sometimes.

No, the shafts on Epis are Metric and they are larger Imperial sized shafts on Gibsons. There's a ton of them that will suit on eBay though.

thanks for the quick reply and info RaSTuS! I am currently considering this set but am not sure how the "ivory will fare with the "cream " p 90 and pick guard!

http://www.amazon.com/MIJ-Embossed-Numbering-Toggle-Metric/dp/B004MHICIE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&m=AVVE96O3H9Y8Q&s=generic&qid=1313909192&sr=1-10

or this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIJ-Customized-Speed-Knob-Set-Toggle-knob-Metric-Ivory-/260661346092?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3cb0a07f2c#ht_1983wt_1159

thanks for the quick reply and info RaSTuS! I am currently considering this set but am not sure how the "ivory will fare with the "cream " p 90 and pick guard!

http://www.amazon.co...3909192&sr=1-10

or this

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1983wt_1159

Yeah, they're the correct ones size wise, they look reasonably close to cream but seem to be a touch more yellowish. The problem with photos though is colour can be altered so easily depending on the lighting conditions at the time, so it can be is a bit of a crap shoot.

EDIT: when I clicked the Reply button there was only one choice, now I see the second one, they are much better looking IMO, the price is a tad high though.

I have an ebony LP standard, I didn't like the amber knobs either so I tried SG style knobs (black silver reflector style) didn't really dig those either and chose black gibby style speed knobs in the end...much better.

Yeah, they're the correct ones size wise, they look reasonably close to cream but seem to be a touch more yellowish. The problem with photos though is colour can be altered so easily depending on the lighting conditions at the time, so it can be is a bit of a crap shoot.

EDIT: when I clicked the Reply button there was only one choice, now I see the second one, they are much better looking IMO, the price is a tad high though.

Yah I am favoring the speed knobs myself also. The listing says make an offer so that is what I will do! I am gonna wait till the guitar shows up so that I can see the actual colors it has first, I may just end up with black metric speed knobs.....

The listing says make an offer so that is what I will do! I am gonna wait till the guitar shows up so that I can see the actual colors it has first, I may just end up with black metric speed knobs.....

Good idea waiting for the geet, every time I see make an offer, I do, I mean, you'd be crazy not to, right. Even if they knock you back, you get three goes at it, LOL.

Tuesday AM here, guitar on the UPS truck for delivery !!!!!!!!! Does anybody know what gauge strings is this most likely to come set up with? In all my years of music I have been a vocalist first and foremost, I play rhythm in my band and am competent but I do especially when singing and playing tend to get a little "strum heavy" so if the guitar comes set up with say lights do you think it would behoove me to set it up with mediums or something a little heaver? I have 11's on my 175 and it is perfect, I just don't know if that translates from hollow body to solid! Thanks again to any and everybody for your help/ insight.

It should come with 10 - 46, which is pretty standard on most new electrics.

Excellent I have a package of Britewires somewhere around here in 10's easy swap out! Action was sweet out of the box a little tweak here or there but she sounded awesome at practice last night! [thumbup]

I updated the Op with pics!

Excellent I have a package of Britewires somewhere around here in 10's easy swap out! Action was sweet out of the box a little tweak here or there but she sounded awesome at practice last night! [thumbup]

Good to hear, nice when someone's so happy with their new baby.

The guitar is beautiful! But......why does the truss rod cover say "GOLD TOP"? [confused]

I know it is very weird, it is the 56 Goldtop reissue but since they put it out in Ebony, you would think the would have another cover. [confused]

Archived