Gibson Brands Forums

NeoConMan...

Tim Plains

I've never been banned from anything that I can remember. If you're banned' date=' can you just create a new account or does it ban your IP address or something like that?[/quote']

thats what he did. he got banned, created a new account and then started ranting again. then he got IP banned.

Gibson did the same thing to Cuda (and notified his ISP about "malicious" behavior or something, which is hysterical). that's one of the reasons i like the LPF or the LPC, because you have to have a non-web based email that has to be activated.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never been banned from anything that I can remember. If you're banned' date=' can you just create a new account or does it ban your IP address or something like that?[/quote']

I shall try this the next time I'm banned from Mrs AJ's bed!

that's one of the reasons i like the LPF or the LPC' date=' because you have to have a non-web based email that has to be activated.[/quote']

One of the main reasons for that, is that 99% of spam bot registrations on a forum come from yahoomail, gmail and hotmail. It gets to be a real pain in the butt sorting through all of the fake registrations to get to the real ones.

It may be a little inconvenient to do it my way, but the people who really want to be there, think it's worth it, once they're in.

Thanks for signing up, by the way...

I was part to blame I think for Neoconman on MLP. I feel bad. I was joking around a little with him and he lost it, after being mad about a "cat thread's" title, he used words that would make, well me blush LOL (not really). Anyway, he'll be back, MLP usually just has a "cooling off" ban.

ThunderGod, I was surprised to see you make a "departure thread", I guess the old saying "different stroke" applies. :D

I got banned there because of a problem in the MLP forum... (long story... wanna hear it?... ok here it goes).

After trying to get in MLP forum for a while, they finally accepted me... I was there for 2 weeks and the place really didnt do it for me... Not as interesting as everyone told me... So I posted a "good bye MLP" thread, directed at my pals from the Gibson forum that pointed me to that place (Tim, AXE, FennrX, and some others).

The thread wasnt intended to hurt noone's feelings and it didnt have any harsh words:

"After trying to sing up here for a while I actually managed to do it... at first the place looks great, plenty of places to go and all... after a couple of weeks I cant help but wonder what all the hype was about... the place is to big (both in thread and member numbers), at times one being new can feel overwhelmed... On top of that, I have posted some threads asking questions no one has cared to answer (not even with a "no" or "sorry I dont know sh-it about that"), most unlike the gibson forum to which I am acustomed. So this is it for me, thanks to my friends who showed me this place to begin with, see you around the other forums (GT and Gibson)."

That was my message, not insulting anyone or hurting ayones feelings (but the a-hole mods egos maybe).

So I havent had time to even check my mail... I come back to the net and check it and find there are 99 responses to my post.

Some (3 or 4) are just saying "goodbye, too bad you didnt like it here" or "see you in the gibson forums"... but most of them were insulting, making stupid jokes and disrespectful. They dont know me, they dont know anything about me and still they (almost all of them) posted stupid comments about me just posting that because I needed to get their attention... or that I was leaving because one of them ... my girlfriend... (yeah right)...

So I went back and said THAT would be my last post and they coul delete my acount if they wanted to, and I knew for sure the dumb *** mods would ban me from GT as wel, giving everyone a display of their immaturity. After that I just responded to some of the most singular comments and left. Havent been there again but I think one can asume I am banned, specially since I tried to log into GT forum and the server sent me a message "you are banned for life for the reason of you being a _______" ... Imagine that... I didnt do anything on that forum... and on the other they were the ones who started it... what were they doing sticking their noses in a message sent to MY FRIENDS not to all of the forum.

I didnt like it much over there anyway... when MASH was mod, it was all ok... then came bobo and bsquated and made changes... and everything went downhill.

I think this is not the last we hear from those a-holes.

Just spreading the love y'all...

Just remember we speak in a public forum, where the public can and will say what they want..."to an extent"

I remember a time where someones feeling were hurt because of a non invite to a party.

The written word an a message board may be misinterpreted. Because lack of expressions and body language one can only assume ...

Neo got banned over Politics and speaking his mind in Neo fashion. Swift cold hard and to the point.(his point)

Not every one else's ...

the thing about neo's points are when he has factual evidence to back em up, and then someone has a point that cant be proven logically, then it doesent have any weight

honestly neo, a little understanding and compassion wouldnt hurt anyone, just dont let the compassion allow someone to get away with their "bleeding heart" point

example, my ever famous "vietnam vet" case

i feel for the guys who went over and came back fxcked up, so i gave up my time to help them @ a homeless shelter

"compassion" put me in that situation, hardwork and "conservative" values solved that situation

by taking part in what would be a liberal program, but working with ideals that are typical of conservatives, i made a big impact in alot of lives

=P~ =P~ =D>

yay for me

:D

I'm often amazed by the kind of rude comments that get people banned from forums. Whenever I think a post is getting totally inflamatory I just shut it off and go on. I guess at my age I don't have time for childish rantings. We have politicians for that.

The facts in the MLP matter are this...

It all started when FLICKOFLASH got banned from the LPF, which he rightly deserved and I think he knew it. He then signed up on every guitar forum in the free world, to announce that he, along with a friend of his, were planning to build a better Les Paul forum. One that wouldn't have all of the Nazi moderator crap and commercial influence of the LPF. He was truly the King of Spam, and it wasn't well received on a lot of forums. In fact, the guys at The Axe House pretty much pummeled him into the dirt for about a month before Herc finally tossed him out on his ear.

He even signed up on my old site (The Crossroadz), which I ended up closing. I allowed him to sell his new site on mine. What did I care... I was even one of the first few to sign up on the MLP. In fact, I won a set of pick ups from Will for referrals. I think I was one of the first few who were given the "V.I.P. Member" title.

At any rate, I personally think that FLICKOFLASH is a complete idiot, both literally and figuratively. Give an idiot a little authority and they become Authoritative Idiot. He's actually far worse than the mods at the LPF, who he was running away from in the first place.

Couple that with an endless stream of worthless threads from Bobbo the clown and the place became somewhat of a three car accident.

So... I asked Alex (who I happen to think is okay) to delete my account. b-squared seems okay too!

as for Bobbo, i just ignore all threads that i think are stupid, regardless of who started them. i think MLP is pretty cool; there are some good people there like Boleskinhouse.

i guess i dont understand what you guys do to run afoul with the mods. i dont think i have ever been warned or banned, even with some of my smart-assed answers.

The facts in the MLP matter are this...

It all started when FLICKOFLASH got banned from the LPF' date=' which he rightly deserved and I think he knew it. He then signed up on every guitar forum in the free world, to announce that he, along with a friend of his, were planning to build a better Les Paul forum. One that wouldn't have all of the Nazi moderator crap and commercial influence of the LPF. He was truly the King of Spam, and it wasn't well received on a lot of forums. In fact, the guys at The Axe House pretty much pummeled him into the dirt for about a month before Herc finally tossed him out on his ear.

He even signed up on my old site (The Crossroadz), which I ended up closing. I allowed him to sell his new site on mine. What did I care... I was even one of the first few to sign up on the MLP. In fact, I won a set of pick ups from Will for referrals. I think I was one of the first few who were given the "V.I.P. Member" title.

At any rate, I personally think that FLICKOFLASH is a complete idiot, both literally and figuratively. Give an idiot a little authority and they become Authoritative Idiot. He's actually far worse than the mods at the LPF, who he was running away from in the first place.

Couple that with an endless stream of worthless threads from Bobbo the clown and the place became somewhat of a three car accident.

So... I asked Alex (who I happen to think is okay) to delete my account. b-squared seems okay too! [/quote'] Nice plug for your new Les paul forum there kenny !!! But please if your gonna talk smack make sure you know or have the correct facts. I even helped promote your crossroads & even had Alex put a link off of MLP to it.

Nice plug for your new Les paul forum there kenny !!! But please if your gonna talk smack make sure you know or have the correct facts. I ever help promote your crossroads & even had Alex put a link off of MLP to it.

We'll finish this conversation in person!

Archived