Gibson Brands Forums

lesson learned

Silenced Fred

Coffee and tea will dehydrate you. Better to go with plain water or Gatorade.

Be advised, so called 'energy' drinks are loaded with caffeine, as is Mountain Dew and dark soda pops, except root beer.

If you need a jump in the a.m. and eschew caffeine, go to bed earlier.

Truth be told, unless you are sleep deprived, a brisk walk, bike ride or calisthenics are good enough to get your heart pumping and wake your brain.

TommyK user_popup.png

Posted Today, 08:14 AM

Be advised, so called 'energy' drinks are loaded with caffeine, as is Mountain Dew and dark soda pops, except root beer.

Truth be told, unless you are sleep deprived, a brisk walk, bike ride or calisthenics are good enough to get your heart pumping and wake your brain.

Good advice Tommy!

Now a coffee endorsement....I love coffee so over the years Ive tried different Coffee makers and coffee beans. Finally

I got a KEURIG (coffee maker i.e. "K" cups) .....GREAT single cup from Mild to Dark Roast..all kinds of Teas etc. less than $.50 a cup. If you get a chance

Fred to sample, I think its worth a try.

My approach is drink a lot of coffee...stay off bikes! [wink]

once I lose some more weight, that's the plan!

biking up and down these "hills" (they're mountains in chicago, i don't know what these coloradoans are talking about, its freaking mt. everest up some of these roads

i kicked energy drinks a while ago, had 64 ounces of monster one morning, big mistake.

I will have the occasional root beer every once in a while, its my cryptonite

sadly, as a college student trying to balance a social life, homework, guitar and actually having time to enjoy myself, sleep sometimes takes the back seat. I had about 2 hours of sleep that night

i kicked energy drinks a while ago, had 64 ounces of monster one morning, big mistake.

I will have the occasional root beer every once in a while, its my cryptonite

sadly, as a college student trying to balance a social life, homework, guitar and actually having time to enjoy myself, sleep sometimes takes the back seat. I had about 2 hours of sleep that night

Seems to be part of the college 'deal'. Just place a higher priority on sleep. You don't have to do EVERYTHING. Sleep is essential to keeping healthy.

Not too sure what "Monster" is, I suspect it's like RedBull? 64Oz? I'm surprised you didn't end up in the E.R. On a late night road trip I chugged two 12 oz cans of Jolt soda!. "All the sugar and twice the caffeine," the can proclaimed. Within an hour I was shaking like a leaf, foot pounding a hole in the floorboard of the car. [scared] I honestly didn't sleep well for two days. [crying]

Seems to be part of the college 'deal'. Just place a higher priority on sleep. You don't have to do EVERYTHING. Sleep is essential to keeping healthy.

Not too sure what "Monster" is, I suspect it's like RedBull? 64Oz? I'm surprised you didn't end up in the E.R. On a late night road trip I chugged two 12 oz cans of Jolt soda!. "All the sugar and twice the caffeine," the can proclaimed. Within an hour I was shaking like a leaf, foot pounding a hole in the floorboard of the car. [scared] I honestly didn't sleep well for two days. [crying]

yeah, just a bunch of sugar really, I bought myself one because I was up all night cramming for a final, my friend called me and said she wanted one. So I got two, she didn't want it, nobody else did, and I wasn't going to waste 5 bucks, so I drank hers too. I was shaking like I had epilepsy! I almost died, I'm surprised I made it through as well

From being something of a caffeine habituator

I took a grip a while back and rationed the daily intake

Also realising the often linked high sugar intake

Now use nothing or a little artificial sweetener

IMO people need to learn about and judge all these whizz packaged colas and 'health' drinks which are no more than sweet fizzy caffeine

Hardly healthy at all...just another money spinner

Does anybody remember the old cigarette adverts?

When it was suggested that smoking was cool and healthy...usually picturing young people around the pool....

V

:-({|=

Coffee & tea are diuretics. If you want to lose weight, cut out sugar and starches (including dairy, which contains a good amount of sugar). Eat plenty of colored/green vegetables instead of potato products. If you change your diet and get 45-60 minutes of strong workout every day, you will start to shrink after a couple of weeks.

Coffee & tea are diuretics. If you want to lose weight, cut out sugar and starches (including dairy, which contains a good amount of sugar). Eat plenty of colored/green vegetables instead of potato products. If you change your diet and get 45-60 minutes of strong workout every day, you will start to shrink after a couple of weeks.

word. cutting out sugars, cutting down on starches and going for more bikerides

I enjoy a cup of coffee every once in a while but I just drink water all the time. Water is my favorite drink haha

I imagine coffee before an intense bikeride sucks.

I haven't been to Colorado yet so I don't know about the hills there but it's really "hilly" in a lot of places here in California. There a lot of hills that you just can't even ride a bike up haha. I'm visiting my friend in San Fran this weekend and the hills are insanely steep there.

I enjoy a cup of coffee every once in a while but I just drink water all the time. Water is my favorite drink haha

I imagine coffee before an intense bikeride sucks.

I haven't been to Colorado yet so I don't know about the hills there but it's really "hilly" in a lot of places here in California. There a lot of hills that you just can't even ride a bike up haha. I'm visiting my friend in San Fran this weekend and the hills are insanely steep there.

If the "ground rise" isn't over like a thousand feet, its called a hill here lol

Water, Arnold Palmers and Root Beer are like the only things I'll drink. Oh, and beer and whiskey, but I haven't had either for about a month.

You just get dehydrated man, coffee is whack, but I love it

I almost never drink more than 4 12-cup pots of coffee a day. The folks in the office claim you need a knife and fork 'stedda a cup when I make it.

That's really not a joke, but a mug does fine. And yes, that's a commercial Bunn coffee maker at the house.

m

A friend of mine got transferred to Sao Paulo, Brazil.

His first day at the office he brought his usual coffee mug so he could help himself to the communal coffee pot. He hadn't noticed the locals had itty bitty cups. He wondered why there was snickering in the lunch room when he filled up. At 4AM the next morning, after he counted the holes in the bedroom ceiling tiles for the umpteenth time, he understood the snickering. [blink] They make their coffee really, really strong, almost sliceable, but the drink comparatively small quantities compared to their northern neighbors.

Archived