Gibson Brands Forums

Its Back! Hand Wired Vox v846 Wah

bluesguitar65

said it before and i'll say it again (for the new members)...the morley "mark tremonti" wah is the best wah you will find in the shops today.

forget that it's marks sig model...it's a wah, and the best wah i ever heard/stamped on! check it out before you consider the "famous" models/brands. [thumbup]

said it before and i'll say it again (for the new members)...the morley "mark tremonti" wah is the best wah you will find in the shops today.

forget that it's marks sig model...it's a wah, and the best wah i ever heard/stamped on! check it out before you consider the "famous" models/brands. [thumbup]

It's only good with a lot of gain, when it comes to clean it just doesnt sound that good at all.

I mean if your a metal player, go for that but if your a more versatile i wouldnt recommend it.

Just sayin. [flapper]

It's only good with a lot of gain, when it comes to clean it just doesnt sound that good at all.

I mean if your a metal player, go for that but if your a more versatile i wouldnt recommend it.

Just sayin. [flapper]

and your comment is based on what?

I don't think they have set a price on it....well I haven't seen it yet, but I figure about $199??? Hell, I paid that much for my Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face and the fulltone clyde wah is alot more[scared]

There is a Joe Bonamassa wah coming out by the way.

I don't think they have set a price on it....well I haven't seen it yet, but I figure about $199??? Hell, I paid that much for my Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face and the fulltone clyde wah is alot more[scared]

199 might be lowballing it a bit, my guess is the 250+ range. Probably wired in Vietnam like the new hand wired AC15s/30s.

The Steve Vai Bad Horsie II is what all true warriors strive for.

I had the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie first generation.

Got rid of it as quick as possible.

It was either bass or treble.

There was no middle ground to mess about in but maybe Morley realized this in the latest version.

that morely wah sounds interesting. would you have demo of it?

here is what Vox says about the electroncis on this new V846 reissue:

Hand Wired Artistry

The internal circuitry of the V846-HW uses no printed circuit boards whatsoever; the hand-wired turret board construction requires a high level of craftsmanship, technical skill, and precise manual assembly. Labor intensive, this hand-wiring artistry creates an ideal and efficient signal path. Responding to every nuance of the guitarist's touch, the V846-HW is truly the ultimate Wah Wah pedal.

True Bypass

Designed as a premier pedal for the tone purist, the V846-HW provides a true bypass circuit to meet the needs of today's guitarist. Any coloration of the sound or loss in audio quality when the Wah Wah function is off has been totally removed.

Vintage-Spec Inductor; Smooth Potentiometer

The inductor is the heart of every VOX Wah Wah pedal. The V846-HW uses a specially-voiced vintage-spec Halo type inductor. The carefully selected magnetic core material and winding ensures a perfect reproduction of the original V846's Wah sound, the sound sought after by guitarists around the world. The potentiometer is a VOX original that features a distinctive response, and is sealed for durability. Thanks to a remarkably smooth curve, the region at the very beginning of the pedal's travel – a region difficult for conventional Wah Wah pedals – is assured sensitive response with an unprecedentedly fine degree of control.

Premium Components offer Maximum Sound Potential

Carbon composite resistors (made in Japan by KAMAYA ELECTRIC CO., LTD) are used for their extremely low noise and uncolored sound. As in the VOX Hand-Wired Series amps, high-spec polyester film capactitors are used. The high-quality footswitch made by Carling Technologies, was selected for both its reliability and its good feel underfoot. The Switchcraft® jacks are well-known and trusted for their sturdy bushings, simple construction, and high reliability. Together, these carefully selected components come together in the amazing V846-HW, the ideal embodiment of the Wah Wah pedal that only VOX can provide

what is the difference beatween handwired vs regulary wired

One is hand wired in Vietnam, and one is hand wired the regular way in Vietnam using a Chinese made circut board.....[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] .....

don't get me started man.....don't get me started [flapper] [flapper]

Hmm not a fan of all the signature equipment he is bringing out?

Personally, I've been waiting for the perfect wah, since my experience with the crybaby original has been less than good.

The handwired reissue looks great...but then I would like to try the JB Wah...but in the end I may just go ahead and buy the normal Vox wah for $80... Anyhow thats a long long way away....as is nearly any other gear purchase.

Archived