Gibson Brands Forums

Funniest Real Names?

Kimbabig

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call BS on that one...a friend who has a friend? :) Your friend is lying to you!

I had the inkling that it was too harsh of a name to call a child.

If you take away what the name relates to, it would be a nice name though lol.

I feel sorry for anyone with the Surname name Cockburn.

Olivia Wilde from Tron Legacy originally had the surname Cockburn.

She claims she change her last name due to loving the author Oscar Wilde.

I call BS on that.

Nobody ever believes me, I swear when I was a kid one of the policemen in our small town was named Harold Butt AKA Harry Butt...

Then there is Justin Case...or the woman that introduced herself to me by saying..."My name is Shirley..then handed me a note with her name and phone number, it said: S-U-R-E-L-A-Y...555-6666

But the funniest and sadly the most appropriate out of the ordinary names ever is the NPR Bull Rider Ryan Dirteater..

I'm not kidding,

http://www.pbrnow.com/riders/index.cfm?ID=4699

I worked with a woman who said she had cousins, 5 girls in the family, all named 'Mary'. They all had different middle names, so when addressing any one of them they had to use both first and middle name.

Don't know why but the name 'Tallulah Bankhead' always makes me chuckle just a little bit.

Would that be Truth or Consequences, Arizona?

Actually that would be New Mexico not Arizona. It was originally Hot Springs, but the TV show offered to broadcast the first show from the first town that renamed itself change their name as a publicity stunt. There's also a town in North Texas called "DISH" that changed their name after the company offered the residents a free DVR and free basic service for 10 years.

Jesus Christ..............

Imagine growing up with that name; " So, what do you wanna be when you grow up ? " eusa_pray.gif

" You're a good carpenter, but all you do is build birdhouses all day. " :blink:

" You better not be turning water into wine again, young man. " [woot]

" What do you expect to learn by hanging out with fishermen all day son ? " :-k ..

" Son, we got ANOTHER call from the Temple, is there something we should talk about ? " [crying] :unsure: [blush] ......

Archived