Gibson Brands Forums

This should be a part of every guitarist's rig

This_Dying_Soul

I was actually involved in a pretty intense review scam on usenet in which several "respected" players from all over the country were just fapping and j1zzing over The Kate, an invented pedal that was jacked straight across with like four knobs on it. We even had it at Philly Phall guitar show and hooked a couple suckers with it.

In 1997. Somewhere around there. Good times.

rct

I want one.

Reminds me of a story about a friend who had a recording studio in Dayton, Ohio. One of the most spoken lines from a musician in the studio about tone and sound is "it's needs a little SOMETHING".

He took a blank rack panel, put a potentiometer with a fancy knob on it, and put a big label on it that said "MOJO FILTER". Anytime someone said the sound "needs a little something", he would reach over and adjust the "MOJO FILTER". Many times the response would be "Oh yeah, that did it", or "maybe just a little more", etc.

It was, of course, connected to NOTHING.

I want one.

Reminds me of a story about a friend who had a recording studio in Dayton, Ohio. One of the most spoken lines from a musician in the studio about tone and sound is "it's needs a little SOMETHING".

He took a blank rack panel, put a potentiometer with a fancy knob on it, and put a big label on it that said "MOJO FILTER". Anytime someone said the sound "needs a little something", he would reach over and adjust the "MOJO FILTER". Many times the response would be "Oh yeah, that did it", or "maybe just a little more", etc.

It was, of course, connected to NOTHING.

Shoot....I need a "Mojo Filter"... I don't care if it's not hooked to anything!

Archived