Gibson Brands Forums

Judas Priest tonight!!

FirstMeasure

Wake up this morning to a friends phone call asking "Are you going to Priest, tonight?".

Wasn't planning on it, but one thing leads to another and I'm Going To Priest Tonight!! Thin Lizzy and Black Label Society as well.

Today is a Good Day!

How was the imitation KK?

As far as Hired Guns go, he was top notch. Damn good guitar player and ripped off a pretty sweet solo towards the end of the night, right up there with Doug Aldrich. The band was Awesome to him, they treated him like part of the show, not a just stand in. All that said, I wish KK had been there [sad] .

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I've seen his youtube videos and he's a very good guitarist, but for me, it's just like when Rob was out.

It's not Judas Priest to me without Rob, KK, Glenn & Ian. Plus, it seemed blatant to me to get a guy who looks spot on for KK 30 years ago.

Anyway, I have many memories of seeing Priest multiple times back in their prime, so I am happy.

It just would have been cool to see Priest retire intact.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I've seen his youtube videos and he's a very good guitarist, but for me, it's just like when Rob was out.

It's not Judas Priest to me without Rob, KK, Glenn & Ian. Plus, it seemed blatant to me to get a guy who looks spot on for KK 30 years ago.

Anyway, I have many memories of seeing Priest multiple times back in their prime, so I am happy.

It just would have been cool to see Priest retire intact.

I know what you mean. I saw Fight in '92ish, Rob was good, but without Priest it was just good Metal, it wasn't Legendary!

If they had kicked KK out I would be a little harder on them, but since he quit I have to give them a pass. Having had members bail on my bands and expect me to stop because they did, it's just not cool. KK should have manned up and finished the tour.

Interesting you say he's a dead ringer for KK. I never really looked his face so my impression was the opposite. He wears his guitar much lower, uses a lot of Les Pauls and fingers Power Chords with his Pinky instead of Ring finger. When he stood next to Glen he looked so out of place I actually felt kinda sorry for him, but then I'd remember that it's a hired guns Dream to fill great shoes.

Archived