Gibson Brands Forums

I am in freaking love....

DAS44

In my youth I pretty much wore out my vinyl copy of this and then for some reason I hadn't thought of it in decades until Season of the Witch suddenly came into my head while I was playing a couple of months back. The Donovan version is cool and all, but. this. . .

I got a CD of Super Session and it's been in steady rotation ever since. Great record.

How I never stumbled upon this album before, I do not know... Amazing.. and that's all I got to say about that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZnPrc55Kwk&feature=player_embedded

(Smile)...Better late, than never! That album was, and still is, one of my

favorites! I too, bought one, when it first came out, and I don't know how

many vinyls I wore out, years before it ever got to CD. Mike Bloofield was

one tasty, awesome, blues-guitar player. There's some nice work, on the

Electric Flag album, as well as with Paul Butterfield.

CB

Yes super session is a classic.

A great album is this one also if you want that raw blues.

I've heard some of that album, great stuff. I'll check out the whole thing later today!

I bought that album when it was first released, still one of my fav.s..If you like that, try to find a copy of Koopers follow up, Kooper Session with Shuggy Otis...it is also a fine record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kooper_Session

Will do Charlie :) thanks!

here is a cut from Kooper Sessions with Shuggie Otis. Shuggie is the son of Johnny Otis, he was 15 when he recorded this, Shuggie was a student of Roy Buchanan.

here is a earlier video of Shuggie with Roy & his father Johnny that was part of the show "America's best Unknown Guitarist"

a documentary about Roy that was televised many years ago;

here is a cut from Kooper Sessions with Shuggie Otis. Shuggie is the son of Johnny Otis, he was 15 when he recorded this, Shuggie was a student of Roy Buchanan.

Awesome Jax! :D I love the vibe, it's smooth. Shuggie has some chops eh?

Archived