Gibson Brands Forums

Robin Trower

dem00n

I think Robin Trower is one of the most under-rated guitarists EVER [crying] . IMO he blows the doors off of a lot of Legends' chariots!

My $0.02/FWIW/YMMV

J/W

He is pretty damn good, i could see him on a top 100 list. He aint no clapton though.

He is pretty damn good, i could see him on a top 100 list. He aint no clapton though.

No argument there, at all... but he has a captivating sense of melody and dynamics. He can get hackneyed, if you listen to enough of him, but I can listen to more Trower and appreciate it than I can to some of the "Lesser Gods" [...as compared to Mr. Clapton]. I won't name any, because they might be some of your favorites.

Suffice it to say that those who have not listened to Robin Trower ought to give it a try... at least ONCE.

Regars,

J/W

[thumbup]

No argument there, at all... but he has a captivating sense of melody and dynamics. He can get hackneyed, if you listen to enough of him, but I can listen to more Trower and appreciate it than I can some of the "Lesser Gods" [...as compared to Mr. Clapton]. I won't name any, because they might be some of your favorites.

Suffice it to say that those who have not listened to Robin Trower ought to give it a try... at least ONCE.

Regars,

J/W

[thumbup]

We all have our share of underrated guitarists that we want others to appreciate. Thats how its always going to be.

The problem Trower ran into was being compared with Hendrix because of his sound and that is some very big shoes to fill. Trower is no Hendrix but then again I don't believe he set out to be Hendrix but the critics compared him that way.

Truly and excellent guitarist.

I got to see him at a small club back in the late 80's - it was loud as hell but totally awesome!

Archived