Gibson Brands Forums

Organized My Beatles Albums

duane v

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one I clearly remember walking to Gemco with my older brother to go get....Used my lawn cutting money [thumbup]

IMG_0285.jpg

That's a great photo of Lennon at the piano. I've got the With The Beatles album on vinyl, from 1963, and I used to stare at it for ages as a kid. I love that cover.

I've got the With The Beatles album on vinyl, from 1963, and I used to stare at it for ages as a kid. I love that cover.

I think the American version was Meet The Beatles....

Here's my Dads (mine now)..... He purchased this back in 1964 in Hollywood somewhere..... It's in almost in unplayed condition.... supposedly it's very rare because of where the vinyl was pressed..... I was offered $1200 for it [confused]

IMG_0289.jpg

One of my favorite covers

Kind of wierd it's not a Capitol or Apple pressing [confused] .... United Artist?????

IMG_0282.jpg

Yeah, United Artists produced the movie, and had the rights, to the soundtrack, as part of

the deal. It's discussed, in the "special features" segment, on the "Hard Day's

Night," DVD. Interesting...

CB

It does take a lot or time to organize. Congrats on that.

I know it can be fun as well. Lots of memories in the music.

I have a ton of singles, (mostly)LP's, CDs, and boots plus a bit of memorabilia.

I've been thinking of organizing, pricing it out, and selling most of it.

We'll see. Gibson GAS may take its toll and force me to get it

together and sell most of it.

I've been wanting an ES-339...we'll see...

It does take a lot or time to organize. Congrats on that.

I know it can be fun as well. Lots of memories in the music.

I have a ton of singles, (mostly)LP's, CDs, and boots plus a bit of memorabilia.

I've been thinking of organizing, pricing it out, and selling most of it.

We'll see. Gibson GAS may take its toll and force me to get it

together and sell most of it.

I've been wanting an ES-339...we'll see...

Good-Luck on the ES-339 [thumbup] ..... Sometimes sacrifices need to be made to get the real prize (a Gibby) [thumbup]

My daughters interest has really peaked with the Beatles since her high school field show theme is named Abbey Road... See the vid of their first performance this fall.

She has pretty much claimed all the Beatles albums [biggrin] ..... And I'm glad [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCwTfiAg-w

Good-Luck on the ES-339 [thumbup] ..... Sometimes sacrifices need to be made to get the real prize (a Gibby) [thumbup]

My daughters interest has really peaked with the Beatles since her high school field show theme is named Abbey Road... See the vid of their first performance this fall.

She has pretty much claimed all the Beatles albums [biggrin] ..... And I'm glad [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCwTfiAg-w

Yeah duane, its nice to hand down music and watch them develop their own tastes in music as well. Always have to have a good foundation.

It's great your daughter is open minded enough to like Beatles music. My 17 year old son has eclectic tastes. Satch to metal to classical to Jazz.

He's open to what ever moves him. That will be his memory map as he moves through life.

It's a good thing all in all...

duane v, cool collection.

And... Is there such musical (DVD) “Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band” in your collection? That is true, it is not vinyl. But there are involved some well-known musicians, it's funny musical.

Some versions of the Beatles’s songs are interesting there. For example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IE-wjy8AsQ&feature=related

duane v, cool collection.

And... Is there such musical (DVD) “Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band” in your collection? That is true, it is not vinyl. But there are involved some well-known musicians, it's funny musical.

Some versions of the Beatles’s songs are interesting there. For example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IE-wjy8AsQ&feature=related

That particular musical we do not have, but it has come up from time to time on FIOS and we've watched it.

The one musical we do have on CD is Across The Universe, which sparked my daughter's interest in the Beatles, and IMO is a pretty good flick [thumbup]

Great thread, and nice collections.

I had most of their orginal albums as a kid in the 70's. Until I pretty much gave em all away to friends. ](*,)

Of course none of them held onto them either.

I think the record I regret losing the most is a rare live recording in Germany from '61 or'62.

Great thread, and nice collections.

I had most of their orginal albums as a kid in the 70's. Until I pretty much gave em all away to friends. ](*,)

Of course none of them held onto them either.

I think the record I regret losing the most is a rare live recording in Germany from '61 or'62.

Yeah had the one too. Live from the Star Club. Great part of history back before the Epstein suits. Very raw and punkish.msp_thumbup.gif

So is the "Butcher" Album worth more if it has the original cover still pasted on? I guess I can see that... Cool stuff Duane. Did you ever check out that Cheap Trick concert I was telling you about where they cover Sgt. Peppers? It's awesome!

Andy

So is the "Butcher" Album worth more if it has the original cover still pasted on? I guess I can see that... Cool stuff Duane. Did you ever check out that Cheap Trick concert I was telling you about where they cover Sgt. Peppers? It's awesome!

Andy

I really dont know the worth, but its sentimental value is more than anyone could offer me from a dollar stand-point [thumbup]

Thanks for reminding me about the Cheap Trick concert..... I forgot about that one.

IMG_0294.jpg

My younger brother Kenny would love this thread he's a huge Beatles fan [biggrin] me and the wife seen the Beatles 'Love' show in Las Vegas in 2008 the music and the show was amazing [thumbup]

Im a huge fan of the Beatles as well, though I lost touch with them during the 80's...... I can thank EVH for that one [biggrin]

I remember during the 70's while in high school we would go to BeatleFest and there was so much to look at

Archived