Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Cabronita Jazzmaster

Riffster

Bridge cover is two screws, if it even comes with one. Blocks were an anomaly of the 70's, not often done at all.

Not arguin, just loving Fedner for all of their non-shortcomings. A house is not a home without a P,T,S, and a J.

rct

I'd never suspect you of trying to start a bun-fight, rct.

Thanks for the info re: the blocks. I didn't know they weren't still current! I'm no Bass player so I don't really notice them too much - massive as they are! And I will give the Jazz the nod in respect of its slimmer taper neck. More comfortable for those of us who are of slighter build, so I've been told.

The only bass I've ever owned was a 1971 Fender Musicmaster which, as it's a short-scale model, probably doesn't count!

By a very weird co-incidence I was playing in a local 'open-mic' gig just last night and the bassist had a block-inlay'd Jazz (complete with ash/cigar-tray cover). Then again; he was almost as old as I am so it was probably from 'back-in-the-day' too. It could certainly hold its own in the 'Thumpity-Thumpity' stakes!

Regards,

P.

Yes, Fender own both. They own Hamer too.

In Guitar Guitar, Birmingham.

The Charvel is £609. It has a compound radius neck and comes with an SBK case.

The Fender is £519. It has a 'c' shape neck and I don't think it comes with a case.

I've played the Charvel and the neck is great. I'd have it over the Fender any day myself.

To throw another into the mix. How can these be sold at this price? I'd rather have the Fender.
Melodymaker.jpg

Oh, I don't know....

I think I'd rather have the MM. I like it in the TV finish. It looks a bit like a cuddly Teddy Bear, somehow.

I'd go through a dozen bottles of 'Fret Doctor' to get the 'board darker, though...

P.

I LOVE Jazzmasters. They obviously do not suit ALL of my music ( I should try Eruption or 2112 Overture on a J-Master. COOL ), but I love the shape and especially the vibrato ( FRs are good for my shreddy mishaps but otherwise they drive me NUTS!! ). They're great for old-school Tom Petty style rock. Anywhoo, who in their right mind would play this???!!!!! Oh wait, they made it to go on a wall at a rich guy's house not in our hands. Explains why the best Strat these days is a G&L.

The spec makes interesting reading

Single bridge TV Jones Power Tron

How cool is that?

Still a very silly price

But a Gretsch/Fender hybrid does catch the imagination somewhat.....

V

:-({|=

I'm gonna end up putting a Power Tron in the bridge of my LP...

am i cool yet?

Archived