Gibson Brands Forums

The DIY thread

Dub-T-123

According to my girlfriend the transistors look like rockets blasting out hot dogs so there's that too

Well, a rocket blasting out hot dogs would be pretty freakin' cool - but a sweet, original spec Tonebender will be nice too. [biggrin] You gonna do an old school enclosure?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, a rocket blasting out hot dogs would be pretty freakin' cool - but a sweet, original spec Tonebender will be nice too. [biggrin] You gonna do an old school enclosure?

lol

Just gonna do a big powdercoated Hammond. Kinda like a jumbo 125B. One of them fancy quadrangles

Normally I don't like to do a bunch of the same stuff in one day (I get bored). However, I was behind on TS9s so I modded three this afternoon.

Kinda repetitious, but even though I change 13 parts, I find if I have some good tunes playing I can do three or four without getting too bored. [biggrin]

2015-06-25%2016.55.18.jpg

Normally I don't like to do a bunch of the same stuff in one day (I get bored). However, I was behind on TS9s so I modded three this afternoon.

Kinda repetitious, but even though I change 13 parts, I find if I have some good tunes playing I can do three or four without getting too bored. [biggrin]

2015-06-25%2016.55.18.jpg

Cool pic! I do not envy you. Mod work on PCBs is a drag

I don't have any enclosures right now so I haven't boxed anything but I've been playing around with the Zonk Machine on my breadboard and that's really cool!

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Behringer V Amp Pro. for my bass on eBay all needs for bass covered in a single unit.

I am making a cab for it. Tolex is next.

I wish I had taken pic before, this obviously started as a plank of pine.

6579F5E5-AD08-4ABB-A014-42E006A57F47_zpsj5bouver.jpg

42785DF9-DFFC-409C-AE85-17752CED53B3_zps5breztlt.jpg

A1D08B47-0380-4206-9B6F-0AB770C35242_zpsugyx9jgf.jpg

9E45501E-DC4B-407E-8C99-C5D79DD2F807_zpsh8j680ec.jpg

6A367BD5-39B7-4C15-B72E-E582A5248FA7_zpsvnl6zugy.jpg

98BDADF8-FD36-4170-8568-19ED9C417E94_zpsaotjdsls.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Always love the neatness of your builds Dub...wish I could keep them that neat. With upwards of 6 knobs, in addition to toggle switches and such on my builds..that's not easy. Been working on getting things neater and more reliable.

-Ryan

Also, I've noticed a distinct lack of LED's in your builds..is there a particular reason?

-Ryan

I usually have an LED but I usually install them inside of a lense so maybe you don't see them sometimes. For this one I just kept it vintage style with no LED and battery only. Kindof just a stylistic choice for this build mostly

And thanks dude. Your builds look good. The move to board mounted pots and switches was the best thing you could do for neatness

Oh, man. I think I came a little. [love]

Clean as always, but looking super sturdy and road worthy too! =D>

Haha thanks dude. I'm really happy with how this came out. It sounds unbelievable, has low-no noise depending on the setting, and is totally road worthy. I built this one for myself, and I really love it.

I'll be doing more like this, but with different trannies unless I score more usable OC81D

Post anything you guys have been workin on too!

Ah I see, fair point.

Yeah, moving to board mounted is going to be great. Still working on it, as I had to completely rejig my PCB layout to accommodate it, and there were of course bugs in my redesign.

Here's a concept for my next pedal idea...take a guess..

154878a80020a598ce132d2c2aa6a2fc.png

-Ryan

Nice idea for a utility pedal. What is the toggle, a phase inverter?

Yeah, inverts one of the returns in case you want to blend something like a Dyna Comp (which as we know has an inverted output). The pedal allows you to get a blend of any two pedals you put in (might build myself a Dr. Boogie and one of my Sig 800's to try blending a Marshall and Mesa distortion sound..), or you can jumper one of the send/returns and get your clean signal blended with a pedal. Might add a second toggle that jumpers one of them internally instead.

-Ryan

Yeah, inverts one of the returns in case you want to blend something like a Dyna Comp (which as we know has an inverted output). The pedal allows you to get a blend of any two pedals you put in (might build myself a Dr. Boogie and one of my Sig 800's to try blending a Marshall and Mesa distortion sound..), or you can jumper one of the send/returns and get your clean signal blended with a pedal. Might add a second toggle that jumpers one of them internally instead.

-Ryan

Love it. I would just use a switched jack for "send A" that jumpers it to "return A" when no cable is plugged in

Love it. I would just use a switched jack for "send A" that jumpers it to "return A" when no cable is plugged in

That makes a lot of sense. I think I've got a few switched jacks laying around. Good shout!

-Ryan

Archived