Gibson Brands Forums

TIME CAPSULE 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom +Tags box MINT

S t e v e

EVERYTHING pictured is absolutely period correct, hang tags, case & lining, boat paddle headstock, knobs, etc. I bought a new Les Paul Standard in 1975, and got the same stuff. The strap and cord are probably not Gibson issue.

This guitar should have an eight-digit serial number, most likely with gold lettering on a waterslide decal, starting with the "00" date code followed by six more numbers, with a slightly larger space between the "00" and the rest of the numbers.

There must be guitars like this out there though. Some people buy them and not play them. Then over time forget about them. Perhaps die.

There are a 1000 59 Les Paul's unaccounted for. Look under you Grandad's bed!

I thought it was 500 not 1000...

There must be guitars like this out there though. Some people buy them and not play them. Then over time forget about them. Perhaps die.

True . . . I am sure there are lots of great pristine guitars hidden away out there, BUT this is not one of them The guitar in the picture would be an amazing find, but I have no doubt this dude isn't selling the one in the picture.

I think this seems like a legit deal, although I can't see any way to comfirm.

It is an auction, and I am sure the seller would expect much more. Don't see a reserve that has been met or not met.

From what I can tell of the pics, it does look like a '76 era custom. The pics are not the right ones to be able to confirm for sure.

As has been said, the case candy does look legit. And I might add, while it IS possible to forge such things, if these are forgeries, there was considerable effort to research the correct ones to forge, as well as have them made.

I think this seems like a legit deal, although I can't see any way to comfirm.

It is an auction, and I am sure the seller would expect much more. Don't see a reserve that has been met or not met.

From what I can tell of the pics, it does look like a '76 era custom. The pics are not the right ones to be able to confirm for sure.

As has been said, the case candy does look legit. And I might add, while it IS possible to forge such things, if these are forgeries, there was considerable effort to research the correct ones to forge, as well as have them made.

I don't think it is a legit deal.

The pictures are real for sure but there are too many inconsistencies in the listing.

The location: Ipswich is NOT in Derbyshire (and nowhere near it).

The item is said to be located in the UK but the postage is quoted from OUTSIDE the UK.

The seller says look at the 20+ high resolution photographs. There aren't any high resolution photos and there are much less than 20. He has lifted this from someone else's listing description.

He has ZERO feedback.

There are just too many mistakes and inconsistencies for this to be real.

I don't think it is a legit deal.

The pictures are real for sure but there are too many inconsistencies in the listing.

The location: Ipswich is NOT in Derbyshire (and nowhere near it).

The item is said to be located in the UK but the postage is quoted from OUTSIDE the UK.

The seller says look at the 20+ high resolution photographs. There aren't any high resolution photos and there are much less than 20. He has lifted this from someone else's listing description.

He has ZERO feedback.

There are just too many mistakes and inconsistencies for this to be real.

I would tend to think what you have uncovered about the seller would be more important than what the listing is.

There are more people on the bay that are not legit than there are items I think.

Hmmm.........I've just recently discovered a Gibson SG that I purchased 8 years ago in one of the closet in my man cave. So I know this can happen. [flapper] [flapper]

Archived