Gibson Brands Forums

Whitesnake

FirstMeasure

duane, what did i do to break the rules?

I'd send you a PM, but the post man seems to keep losing them

I'm just recieveing too many complaints about you, and I'm beyond reasoning with you anymore due to your childish name calling of me here and on other forums.

Either straighten it out or we are packing your bags for you.....

End of story

Good 'ol boys vs. the kids again eh?

I don't look at it that way. You're talking to a guy that's loved Benny Goodman since he was a child (single digits), watches W.C Fields movies, cut his teeth on Surf Music and Blues during the Metal decade of the 80's, while still being able to to get into Whitesnake and Megadeth, all before the age of 18. So no, in my case it's not about "Kids", it's about proliferating narrow viewpoints regardless of age. I can't stand it when people pigeonhole good entertainment because of the year it came out or the look they had when they were popular. It's just not a healthy approach for a musician.

Fred's comment was a facetious "Share my views or leave" which was then deleted and an ultimatum given. My comment was simply about that. Nothing against you or anyone else liking Whitesnake, I like a lot of bands some of you may dislike but that's what makes the world go 'round.

Fred's comment was a facetious "Share my views or leave" which was then deleted and an ultimatum given. My comment was simply about that. Nothing against you or anyone else liking Whitesnake, I like a lot of bands some of you may dislike but that's what makes the world go 'round.

Oh, I thought you meant his comment vs. my thread topic was "Good ol' Boys Vs. Kids". Fred's so negative it's hard to know what he's posting about. [confused]

I saw White Snake in 1987 with Great White opening for them. Most folks will never think of WhiteSnake as anything other than the band with the videos that had the girl on the car. If you can get past that there is an amazing linage in that band. Coverdale is a power house singer that used to sing for Deep Purple. He has battled health issues that have threatened to take his voice yet he's still here putting out work with amazing vocals. Guitar players for the band have included Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbel, Steve Vai and the always underrated John Sykes. The current line up is top notch if this new track is indicative.

This is my favorite WhiteSnake song.

I will always see Coverdale's work with Deep Purple on the "Burn" album as his best but his second best ain't bad by a damn sight.

I saw White Snake in 1987 with Great White opening for them. Most folks will never think of WhiteSnake as anything other than the band with the videos that had the girl on the car. If you can get past that there is an amazing linage in that band. Coverdale is a power house singer that used to sing for Deep Purple. He has battled health issues that have threatened to take his voice yet he's still here putting out work with amazing vocals. Guitar players for the band have included Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbel, Steve Vai and the always underrated John Sykes. The current line up is top notch if this new track is indicative.

You should check out the "Live in the Still of the Night" DVD. It has this lineup playing in Hammersmith England in 2004. Incredible musicianship and his vocals are right there.

Is it me or does Coverdale with his make up etc look like Camilla(Royal family) now?

Actually you're wrong.

Here's David seen with the wig off...........

davros_dalek_resurrection_terry_malloy_400_400x300.jpg

I actually really like Whitesnake, BTW. Sykes was a great guuitarist but you can't beat a bit of Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzjVShK6Ek

Just found this while trawling youtube for old WS tracks. Very interesting so I thought I'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcmohzU16BU&feature=related

Archived