Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

lord_nikon

Found another "closet queen" on Craigslist yesterday. The strings were so rusted that I feared tetanus. Scoured the guitar for any flaw, failing to find one, paid the man.

Cash aquired by selling ex-wife's piano.

Excuse first day pics but you guys would nag if there weren't some. Better to come.

hb-6-M.jpg

hb-7-S.jpg

hb-9-M.jpg

If that ain't a Hummingbird. . . .

Interesting to see the tulips/2009 combo. Wouldn't '09 have been a year for TV's w. tulips and HCS models w. Grover Rotamatics. Maybe the original were exchanged – or maybe it just came that way. No matter what, this makes me think of the 'central image of a Bird'. Open the big book of H-Birds and page 1 would show a pic of the one above with the text : This plus/minus a few burst hues, is how it's supposed to look.

Best of luck to both of you. . . .

Just beautiful. Looks absolutely perfect. What a burst. :-"

And this may be heresy to the Gibson historians and Hummingbird aficionados, so just take it as an honest (if nerdy) horticultural question from a newbie: aren't those flowers morning glories, not tulips?

Just beautiful. Looks absolutely perfect. What a burst. :-"

And this may be heresy to the Gibson historians and Hummingbird aficionados, so just take it as an honest (if nerdy) horticultural question from a newbie: aren't those flowers morning glories, not tulips?

I think they are referring to the tuner buttons, not the flowers on the pickguard. It took me a while to sort that one out, too........

I think they are referring to the tuner buttons, not the flowers on the pickguard. It took me a while to sort that one out, too........

AH! [blush] Thanks Nick -- with as much attention to detail as the folks on this forum pay to pickguards, I thought that surely everyone couldn't be getting the flowers wrong!

Reminds me of my first day on the job working for a moving company, when we walked into our first house and the other guys told me to go back to the truck and ask the driver for the "toilet wrench" -- I hustled back out of the house, and was a bit embarrassed (but relieved) when the driver told me that we were NOT going to pack up the potties and move them to the new house!

AH! [blush] Thanks Nick -- with as much attention to detail as the folks on this forum pay to pickguards, I thought that surely everyone couldn't be getting the flowers wrong!

Reminds me of my first day on the job working for a moving company, when we walked into our first house and the other guys told me to go back to the truck and ask the driver for the "toilet wrench" -- I hustled back out of the house, and was a bit embarrassed (but relieved) when the driver told me that we were NOT going to pack up the potties and move them to the new house!

Hehehe! You learn a lot quickly around here - don't be afraid to ask any question!

[laugh][lol][lol]

Archived