Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Center

j45nick

Are you sure?.. I'm under the impression there are caveats being outside the States.. but Gibson would be true to the guarantee if returned to an authorized dealer.

I asked about this when it came down to the question of returning the warranty card or not. I'm pretty certain after discussions here with our resident experts that major caveats apply everywhere outside the States - that is to say, none of us gets a lifetime guarantee. If your dealer is happy to provide one, then fine and dandy, but I'd be surprised if a shop in Ireland were any more willing to do so than a store in the UK. If the Canadians just across the border from the US can't get a lifetime guarantee, it would be a major coup if anybody further away could. I get 3 years' cover from Thomann, which is apparently one more than statutory EU rights require. I really hope that your store does offer you a lifetime guarantee - that would be a good sign for everybody, and might encourage others outside the US to do so too. Well worth checking exactly what they do offer, though.

Brilliant, for a laugh me and 2 mates did that in a guitar store here, went in separate, browsing and trying then we all started on the same tune, the staff were fairly amused and we got a good clap for it. We played 'No Diggity' by Blackstreet.

LOL. Next time you should try playing 'Hot Stuff' by Donna Summer. You'll spot the closet male strippers in the shop because they start to dance in synch.

I asked about this when it came down to the question of returning the warranty card or not. I'm pretty certain after discussions here with our resident experts that major caveats apply everywhere outside the States - that is to say, none of us gets a lifetime guarantee. If your dealer is happy to provide one, then fine and dandy, but I'd be surprised if a shop in Ireland were any more willing to do so than a store in the UK. If the Canadians just across the border from the US can't get a lifetime guarantee, it would be a major coup if anybody further away could. I get 3 years' cover from Thomann, which is apparently one more than statutory EU rights require. I really hope that your store does offer you a lifetime guarantee - that would be a good sign for everybody, and might encourage others outside the US to do so too. Well worth checking exactly what they do offer, though.

I looked into also.... can't remember exactly what I found out... but was led to believe it holds.... will investigate again. My online warrenty/registration was accepted ( Ireland is not covered by Gibson Europe.....)

Personally though, if the guitar is good when you purchase it..is looked after and stored correctly..and nothing shows up within the first few months, apart from finish which is not covered anyway..what else could go wrong with the structure of a guitar? If the tuners start to go after a couple of years... well that surely would be classed on honest wear and tear..ect ect.

http://www.gibson.co...uthorized-0518/

as it says.. need to check with your authorized dealer outside the states.... interesting if you follow links for own country.. UK authorized dealer is one address.. Gibson Europe,as are most european countries

I looked into also.... can't remember exactly what I found out... but was led to believe it holds.... will investigate again. My online warrenty/registration was accepted ( Ireland is not covered by Gibson Europe.....)

Personally though, if the guitar is good when you purchase it..is looked after and stored correctly..and nothing shows up within the first few months, apart from finish which is not covered anyway..what else could go wrong with the structure of a guitar? If the tuners start to go after a couple of years... well that surely would be classed on honest wear and tear..ect ect.

http://www.gibson.co...uthorized-0518/

as it says.. need to check with your authorized dealer outside the states.... interesting if you follow links for own country.. UK authorized dealer is one address.. Gibson Europe,as are most european countries

Hopefully this is a case of luck of the Irish! (Would be nice if the rest of us were lucky too, though I've not returned my warranty card, as felt it to be a waste of a stamp).

LOL. Next time you should try playing 'Hot Stuff' by Donna Summer. You'll spot the closet male strippers in the shop because they start to dance in synch.

Mojo, I'm not sure I wanna know how you came by this knowledge....... [biggrin]

Nick,,, your not the only one to notice some of the Gibson Guitars voices to be dull.. Ive come accross a few my self.. I think a few others noticed those as well... they have been hanging up now for quite some time.. Im not sure what the problem is.. J200s that had less Volume than j45s.. comes to mind..

my problem was the exact reverse my sj sounded amazing in the the shop then i changed the strings and its never sounded the same since

I know this would REALLY eat into their margin....but if Gibson or GC strung the guitars that are going to be hung on walls for sale with Elixir strings, they would get a lot more life and good sound out of them after they've been played by hundreds of greasy little fingers. Last time I was at GC, and walked in to the "exclusive" sound proof acoustic room, I was shocked by the prices. $2499, $2999, $3499....etc. I think the only guitars under $2k were the 16 series Martins. Breedlove, Martin, Taylor and Gibsons were in that room. I'm thinking to myself, I think, at these prices, I'd rather be at Gryphon's Stringed instruments looking at Huss and Dalton, Collings, Santa Cruz, and Bourgeois. The price points are NOT that different. Just saying......

I know this would REALLY eat into their margin....but if Gibson or GC strung the guitars that are going to be hung on walls for sale with Elixir strings, they would get a lot more life and good sound out of them after they've been played by hundreds of greasy little fingers. Last time I was at GC, and walked in to the "exclusive" sound proof acoustic room, I was shocked by the prices. $2499, $2999, $3499....etc. I think the only guitars under $2k were the 16 series Martins. Breedlove, Martin, Taylor and Gibsons were in that room. I'm thinking to myself, I think, at these prices, I'd rather be at Gryphon's Stringed instruments looking at Huss and Dalton, Collings, Santa Cruz, and Bourgeois. The price points are NOT that different. Just saying......

What really bugged me is that GC had dead, old strings on guitars they were trying to flog for really high prices. Who in their right mind would buy them? They literally sounded and played like $100 junk. And that's an insult to $100 junk.

My point is that I would never buy a Gibson if I thought that's what they were supposed to sound like: dead, dull, muffled, boring......

Places like this are not doing Gibson Acoustic any favors.

GC stores are hit-and-miss. The one by me (about a mile away) is decent. Some things are excellent, some good, some need lots of improvement. The staff typically consist of people who know very little to a handful that are very knowledgeable. The key is to deal with the people who know what they're talking-about and understand what you are talking about...........More than anything else, GC is a business. It is there to make money, not to go out of its way to make me or you happy. If you or I are made happy while GC makes money, then it's good for everyone, BUT, the main thing is that GC wants to make money. Keep in mind that GC is a business first and you are more likely to keep personal angst out of your purchase. You CAN get a great instrument at a great price at GC. You can also buy the proverbial pig-in-a-poke. If you don't see the Gibson, Martin, etc. that you want, they WILL order one for you. Beyond that, it's just a business that is run by human beings who are just like you and I: they're not perfect.

Most stores dont care... and they do find it as a expense to change out strings to accomidate the Guitars Full potential.. I know of one store that makes it there Mission to make sure you get a Guitar that everyone would want.. They make sure the Fingerprints are off, the strings are very Recent, they give you a full description of the Guitar in hand, that to me is Good service..

Archived