Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom (Wine Red)

4Hayden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you haven't tried the new custom and your looking to but a custom, this new Classic beats all I ever seen from the factory !!

The maple fret board looks like it's got a flamed pattern going across it... not seen that before on these new classic customs.... looks great.

You can get them with a Richlite fret board too... which is also ace as I have it on my midtown custom. Enjoy!

The maple fret board looks like it's got a flamed pattern going across it... not seen that before on these new classic customs.... looks great.

You can get them with a Richlite fret board too... which is also ace as I have it on my midtown custom. Enjoy!

Thanks Dog the neck is the sweetest thing about it !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my wine red classic custom today. What a good looking axe. I got home too late to plug it in. I hope that they really are a limited run. I am not sure if I am believing those words any more.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my wine red classic custom today. What a good looking axe. I got home too late to plug it in. I hope that they really are a limited run. I am not sure if I am believing those words any more.

From what I've read they're a limited run, doesn't matter really.I bought it cause I liked it & it's a custom gibson.

Nice looking guitar(s) [thumbup] I bet they play great too..

It´s got me guessing though - and pardon my ignorance: what exactly makes them "Custom" - other than the split-diamond logo and binding ?

I believe these are Gibson USA made, right ?

I understand the problems Gibson has with ebony for fretboards.. OK, so they can´t use the traditional wood for Customs..

Are these weight relieved (swiss cheese) or chambered?

Nice looking guitar(s) [thumbup] I bet they play great too..

It´s got me guessing though - and pardon my ignorance: what exactly makes them "Custom" - other than the split-diamond logo and binding ?

I believe these are Gibson USA made, right ?

I understand the problems Gibson has with ebony for fretboards.. OK, so they can´t use the traditional wood for Customs..

Are these weight relieved (swiss cheese) or chambered?

Yes Gibson is made in USA,custom mostly has to do with a pair of '57 Classic humbucking pickups. Made with genuine Alnico II magnets and wound with enamel-coated 42-AWG wire just like the hallowed PAF pickups of the late 1950s and early '60s, the '57 Classics. The fret fingerboard is made from Baked Maple, a heat-treated hardwood that offers a clear tone and extreme durability, and inlaid with acrylic block markers, enhanced by a mother of pearl Gibson headstock logo and acrylic split-diamond inlay.The body is solid carved maple top glued to a mahogany body.Custom is mostly the best parts Gibson has to offer on a guitar.

Hope this helps

4Hayden

Archived