Gibson Brands Forums

Alternative to playing on a Saturday

Silverbursted

Normally after a long week of work, I like to break out my Lester, crank up the amp, and play for hours on end. But I got a call from my son who invited me to motorcycle show out at the UoP Stadium (Phoenix, AZ). So I'm thinking, hmmm if I can't play my guitar, a bike show is a real good alternative. Hot bikes, great music and the scenery is usually really good (don't worry I'll be wearing shades so I'm not too obvious).

What do you do for entertainment when you are not playing your guitar?

And let's try and keep it clean for the kiddies (LS-14). This could be a poll, but the choices would be too huge.

One thing is what I'm doing it right now - playing World of Warcraft. I spend time with my girlfriend (we live together) and go out to dinner, go out with my friends for a few beers, watch movies. When I'm feeling a bit saucy, I like to accuse people who post here from Singapore of being guitar counterfeiters so I look like an ***.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwP1FVm8a1w

I like to ride my motorcycle... when it's running. I've hardly ridden at all this summer since moving to denver (higher altitude) I had to adjust the carbs and did some other long over due carb & engine maintenance.

I just enjoy hanging out with my family - going to DQ, walks, bike rides with my youngest daughter.

Hmmm, ride my bike (When I had it) Take the boat out (When I had it) Plan the most evil demise for my ex and her divorce lawer (hence no bike or boat....) Go for a drive with the stereo blaring, look at Les Pauls on the Net, read about Les Pauls, dream about my next one....Go to work, come home from work, get up and go to work, come home from work get up......

Glad I peaked an interest with this question. I just got back from the cycle show, and would rather have stayed home and played my guitars. One word can sum up the show...boring!!! Absolutely no customs, no HDs, nothing but scooters (yep Vespa had the biggest booth), and the usual Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki showings. They had some nice Victory's and Buells, but that was about it. The best part of the day was I was able to stop by Bizarre Guitar (since I was on that side of town) and visited with Mike and Bob. I did good though, walked out of there with only a set of strings (and no they weren't attached to another guitar, unlike the last set of strings I bought from there).

Anyway, those of you who live in Phoenix who might be considering going to the cycle show, don't bother, you are better off watching football and playing your guitars.

you guys have it good ! with all the house projects I have going right now(kitchen remodel) and " weekend chores" I have a hard time finding time to play.

so it's usually in the evening before I crash.

I usually pop on here or other forums for a short while when I'm taking a break. thats about it

Nighttime' date=' I'm a pyro. My best friend lives out in the country and we always get these HUGE bond fires going, it's awesome!

Safety first, of course.[/quote']

You're scaring me again Tim. And I always thought that glow on the horizon was the northern lights, now I know better; a bunch of beer drinking Canadians setting the forests on fire. =P~

Archived