Gibson Brands Forums

The Novel

E-minor7

If I was an author with an idea to create a novel about a Gibson/guitar society - maybe a small village where every citizen played acoustic, representing this or that like some metaphor for the real world whatever (you know what I mean) – then the first thing I would do was to brain-storm a list of individuals with various specific characteristics and specialties. To make the plot work, every nuance and angle would be found in this type-gallery – all would be needed to contribute to the right degree of suspense.

You guys'n'girls beat that list by many scale-lengths. It takes all kinds to make a world - all sorts of all sorts - I assure you brave members, , , you are all there/here.

! A celebration from this tent ~ Hep and Have Fun !

Now check the more serious Diamond Neck thread -

If I was an author with an idea to create a novel about a Gibson/guitar society - maybe a small village where every citizen played acoustic, representing this or that like some metaphor for the real world whatever (you know what I mean) – then the first thing I would do was to brain-storm a list of individuals with various specific characteristics and specialties. To make the plot work, every nuance and angle would be found in this type-gallery – all would be needed to contribute to the right degree of suspense.

You guys'n'girls beat that list by many scale-lengths. It takes all kinds to make a world - all sorts of all sorts - I assure you brave members, , , you are all there/here.

! A celebration from this tent ~ Hep and Have Fun !

Now check the more serious Diamond Neck thread -

Em7....are you smokin' the oil again..??? [confused]

OR.. how about a village where everyone plays a Taylor. The town is flat in color, where everyone and everything is vanilla. Then one day a mysterious stranger enters the peaceful society, only the sound of his guitar is quite different from anything the towns people had ever heard. The tone is robust, thumping, it has MOJO, it has Soul. It's a Gibson! Suddenly, color fills the town. Food has taste and.. OH I know this smells of Pleasantville, but it's really a TRUE STORY. Just ask any Taylor to Gibson convert. Maybe this should be a TV series instead of a Novel.

Holy Zachariah – did I really come up with this acidish thread !

thejtl -

First – The tune in that intro-video totally rocked my boat.

Next – though thrown from the top of my head, I'm glad the writer in this company sees the wealth of possibilities in the idea above hehe – just a little weekend game.

Btw. I wondered a few seconds about your characters choice of guitar. If he/she was romantically involved with the pick guard or did like a good flat-picking jam-session. . .

Reading your site tells me something else, , , or gives me the impression it doesn't matter that much. There are heavier things on John Martins existential menu it seems.

May all luck be with both of you.

Drath - You have the village fool next to your avatar.

wincentw - Are you serious by all 5 senses, , , 6 including the humorous one.. .

Eyecon - The Vanilla Village. Sounds like a good title, , , would need a lot of sweet girl-players though. And Drath would be the baker. .........................................

Retro - Oil is over the hills and gone. Do I carry a long term depot somewhere in there, which releases small drops once in a while. Probably not, , , I'm clear as one glass of beer.

But you know how it is, , , at the same time - like GotTheSilver - totally lost. . .

blindboyg - I definitely noticed those 2 (and thought about you, , ,) Well jokes aside - especially the guy on table is strong stuff (or has consumed some).

Pfox14 - Isn't the pie-shooting crossbow a very early D-28. . . .

BluesKing - Yeah you got it. What puzzles me is why the guy reaches for a 50's 45, , , he already has a bird.

Bruegel1.jpg

Archived