Gibson Brands Forums

Pink Floyd Reunion

Rabs

I never got to go to this but I did see them live once in 1995.. So great we got the big laser show where they had a giant glitter ball in the middle of the hall and bounce lasers off it.. I came across this footage and thought id share, cool to see them with Roger Waters.

Comfortably Numb has to be one of my fav tunes ever.

Have you ever seen Floyd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTfMOzuH28

No. Not the Floyd.

I've seen Roger Waters touring with his 'Dark Side of the Moon' tour a few years back and again, last year on his 'The Wall' tour.

They were both staggeringly brilliant gigs but I really, REALLY wish I had gone to see 'The Wall' on the following evening, as his band was joined onstage by David Gilmour who took over lead duties on 'Comfortably Numb' and, right at the end, Nick Mason joined in the fun too.

After the four members re-formed to play together at the 'Live 8' concert in London's Hyde Park in 2005 (as seen in the first post) they were reported (in the press; so it might be total bollokcs) to have been offered, and refused, $250 million to do a world tour.

P.

I saw Pink Floyd when they first got back together without Roger Waters. I think the album was titled A Momentary Lapse of Reason. I really liked David Gilmore's solo tour that I saw in '85, that was a heck of a show.

The last rock concert I ever saw was about 15 years ago. Ticket prices have become such a joke. I'm glad I got to see so many bands when they were young and ticket prices more reasonable.

Personal opinion, luvvies notwithstanding.... :blink:

I saw 'the Floyd' at friends' instigation in the late 70's

Probably when they were world weary and thinking of breaking up

Freezing concert hall...no seats (well groovy)....

No audience engagement

One of the first quad sound systems

An inflatable pig or two, some interesting Gerald Scarfe projections

I probably appreciate them more nowadays as a concept...Dave Gilmour is a genuinely gifted musician

As were Rick Wright and Nick Mason....Roger Waters is a driving force to be reckoned with

IMO the spirit of Syd Barrett continues to imbue the show....whacky originality par excellence...

I enjoy the odd 10min or so clip on U Tube

Paying large money and the hassle of attending a mega concert....perhaps not....

V

:-({|=

I had a few chances in the US but never could justify the enormous cost of the tickets. I regret this decision.

Yes I also think that prices are crazy.. To go to a good gig and get decent seats your talking about £70 - £100 per seat.. Its just insane.. HOWEVER as you say I dont want to regret not seeing them too especially for bands or individuals who may not be around much longer..

Guest farnsbarns

Not seen Floyd live, saw Walters plays the wall a couple of years back at the o2 which was brilliant, not just musicaly but the show itself was a technical marvel. I did however have a one off jam with Dave Gilmore when I was 16, I was at school with his kids. Beat that! Did the same with Alan Parsons when I was in a band with his son, Jeremy.

My brother's on the crew for The Wall. He's got a roll in the show too. He carries a flag on stage. Not sure what for as I'm not a Floyd fan. Here's a pic of him ready to go on.53a5102d.jpg

Just noticed a nice 'Leslie' behind him.

My brother's on the crew for The Wall. He's got a roll in the show too. He carries a flag on stage. Not sure what for as I'm not a Floyd fan. Here's a pic of him ready to go on.

Just noticed a nice 'Leslie' behind him.

VERY cool :) [thumbup]

I am old and English so yes, I saw the Floyd. Every time it was an outdoor concert.

1970 (I think) - Hyde Park free concert.

1970 - Bath Festival, live Atom Heart Mother.

1971 - Crystal Palace, debut of 'Echoes' as 'The Return of the Son of Nothing'. To this day one of the most amazing concerts I have ever been to, in quadraphonic sound. The support bands were The Faces and Mountain!!

1975 - Knebworth Festival. History says this was a bad gig but I really enjoyed it.

There never was or ever will be another band like them.

Archived