Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar AND new amp day

GuitarJunkie

Okay, not really a new guitar since I put half down on it a month ago. I sold my faded honeyburst Standard on ebay the other day, so I was able to bring home my Slash Goldtop today. Before you all start ridiculing me, I didn't buy it because of the Slash connection. I bought it because it was a smokin' deal on nice guitar with some features not available on regular Gibson production models.

sgt01.jpg

sgt06.jpg

sgt05.jpg

sgt08.jpg

sgt09.jpg

Speaking of my former honeyburst, I went in to the shop on monday to get a Les Paul box for shipping and they showed me a couple of nice pieces that had just come in on trade. One was an '03 Brazilian R8, the other was my new Dr. Z Maz 38...

maz01.jpg

maz02.jpg

The original owner had ordered it with pretty much every upgrade available including a flame maple front panel and two 12-inch Celestion BlueBells. Like the Slash, it'll probably stay at the store for 3 or 4 weeks.

...so I was able to bring home my Slash Goldtop today. Before you all start ridiculing me' date=' I didn't buy it because of the Slash connection.[/quote']

Yeah... like you can fool us... then why did you bring home a top hat and a bottle of jim beam... you slash whore? eusa_whistle.gif

Nice guitar man, the only thing I dont like is the sig... I would love it to have "Les Paul" stamped on the headstock.

...I bought it because it was a smokin' deal on nice guitar with some features not available on regular Gibson production models...

Namely a Slash drawing in the headstock?

:-s

...the other was my new Dr. Z Maz 38...

The original owner had ordered it with pretty much every upgrade available including a flame maple front panel and two 12-inch Celestion BlueBells. Like the Slash' date=' it'll probably stay at the store for 3 or 4 weeks.[/quote']

Man I have only heard good things aout those amps... congratulations on both acquisitions, hope you enjoy them very much!

Man I have only heard good things aout those amps... congratulations on both acquisitions' date=' hope you enjoy them very much![/quote']

Even before reading all your posts over the last few months, I've always wanted a Vox. I've heard that the Z amps are pretty "Vox-like" as far as tone.

I don't understand all the Slash hate' date=' I'd give a nut to

come up w/ half the stuff he does....

the haters wouldn't?[/quote']

I think it has to do with the over-exposure and the adulation of the 13 year-old Guitar Hero crowd. In some peoples opinions, it cheapens his image as a guitarist.

To play like Slash, I'd eat a bowl of sh!t and ask for seconds.

I think it has to do with the over-exposure and the adulation of the 13 year-old Guitar Hero crowd. In some peoples opinions' date=' it cheapens his image as a guitarist.

To play like Slash, I'd eat a bowl of sh!t [i']and[/i] ask for seconds.

LMFAO.....

Nice guitar man!.....

Dont EVER put a pick guard on it.....

Flight959

To play like Slash' date=' I'd eat a bowl of sh!t [i']and[/i] ask for seconds.

Man... funny as hell.. that's what I'm talkin' about.

Thunder, I agree.. couldn't care less, but sometimes the bashing seems so pointless,

other times appropriately funny.

I was looking at the 18 watt version, but the deal on this used one was actually cheaper. I was happy with my Traynor until I started going in there and trying out guitars. I'd usually ask to plug in to the Peavey Classic 30 since it was closer to what I had, but eventually I gave in. Their amp room is full of Z, Carr, and Suhr amps. Believe it or not, the Zs are the cheaper one there. Here's one of their amp rooms...

lm.jpg

Archived