Gibson Brands Forums

Total trekkie page

Rabs

So yes im a bit of a trekkie.. not the kind that dresses up and spends £10,000 turning my living room into the enterprise, but I loved the show, seen every episode and every series...

I came across this and had to share.. A must for any trek fans (the original series that is) loads of rare behind the scenes pictures.. Very cool. Heres just a few (theres 14 pages of them :P) lol..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdofthegalaxy/ thats the site

Image2-2.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image1-1.jpg

There wer 2 Star Trek programs that stand out in my mind for some reason,those were "The Trouble With Tribbles"where the whole crew ecame enamoured with tiny little balls of fur.Then there was the episode where a group of men were living on a barren desolate planet that was plagued with nothing but sandstorms anyway these men craved female companionship and they were introduced to several ravishingly beautiful women but the trouble was that they were incredibly old and kept young looking by taking a special pill.Eventually they ran out of the pills and turned back into wretched hags but Kirk and the crew saved the day by giving them a placebo and that did the trick and everyone lived happily ever after.

Yep,nothing beats the old original series with Spock,Kirk,Scottie,Bones etc.I couldn't get into the others at all,they just couldn't hold my interest.

I think the series that followed were a little too reliant on some kind of soap opera angle, that seemed to be thatched into the plot, making them seem at times like Dallas, or Dynasty with aliens.

Anyone remember this from (cough ) a few years ago..

HAHAHA OMG flashback... I thought I had wiped that song from my memory only to instantly remember every word as soon as I saw the first second of the video.. lol ;)

This is Spock after he'd been into the synthahol, spiked with Jack Daniels:

Image2-2.jpg

The Spockester was a riot when he was gassed!

"Hey Jim... Let's go "Bones's" room and holler "KLINGONS!"

I'm a big Star Trek fan and have had the opportunity to meet several of the original cast. Sadly, the only member of the original cast I have not met was Leonard Nimoy. I even met William Shatner years ago before the hair replacement and sans wig at his Studio City home. My favorite was Nichele Nichol and through her I became acquainted with her son, Kevin Johnson, a brilliant guitar player and singer.

I used to manage a Jazz group and we did music for Star Trek 5 (the absolute worst Star Trek movie ever!). Going to the cast and crew screening of the film was a real treat as most of the cast and the nearly all of the production teams were there. For me, that was Star Trek heaven.

For those of you visiting Seattle, check out the Science Fiction Museum next to the Experience Music Project. Paul Allen has quite the Star Trek collection on exhibit, including Captain Kirk's original chair.

1331007819[/url]' post='1142142']

So yes im a bit of a trekkie.. not the kind that dresses up and spends £10,000 turning my living room into the enterprise, but I loved the show, seen every episode and every series...

I came across this and had to share.. A must for any trek fans (the original series that is) loads of rare behind the scenes pictures.. Very cool. Heres just a few (theres 14 pages of them :P) lol..

http://www.flickr.co...irdofthegalaxy/ thats the sit

Cheers for sharing! I love Star Trek the original series; but must confess that I am a Next Generation fan the most. Picard rules! :)

BTW - Leonard Nimoy is to appear as a guest star on The Big Bang Theory later this month; It should be awesome!

Matt

Ok then for the next gen fans.. check this.. the music is terrible but some of the vocal editing is really clever.. It gets better as it goes on... QUITE HIPNOTIC!! :)

I dont think many people will get this.. but if you know the episodes well its quite funny...

Archived