Gibson Brands Forums

just discovered great new band

blindboygrunt

I saw them at the Southbank Centre in London as support for someone (..I can't remember who they opened for. Must have really been a great show!!)

I have to say that I had mixed feelings about them. Intially I was impressed but after a few songs her voice started to really annoy me. Too much shrieking...I think the harmonies are nice but too much yelping for my taste....but thats just my opinion

The guy had some lovely old Vintage guitars on stage though...

[biggrin]

Well thats the first track I heard from them and have to say that sounds very tasty indeed .... your sure thats not Johnny Depp on guitar .. ? :-)

EA google 'The Civil Wars on Jools Holland'. You should find some more HQ vids - prob on YouTube.

Ineed, you can find an interview with Ren on youtube where he talks specifically about his love of the Pirates movie and the making of this guitar as his tribute to Jack Sparrow and the movie.

I belive thats the 'Pirate' by Mr Ferguson [thumbup] ( if thats its correct name?)

They are really good. John Paul is a big vintage acoustic guy. His main is a Martin but he has an old Gibson archtop and recently bought a tuxedo L-00 from Chicago Music Exchange. I haven't seen him perform with it though.

http://www.chicagomusicexchange.net/blog/2011/11/08/civil-wars-frontman-john-paul-white-stops-by-takes-home-beautiful-gibson-l-00/

Well thats the first track I heard from them and have to say that sounds very tasty indeed .... your sure thats not Johnny Depp on guitar .. ? :-)

OMG Now that was funny................ btw I too just found them a few weeks ago, I like them but watching them is not easy, she"s like Sinead O'connor with hair

Archived