Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD Vintage G-400

mud guy

Hi All-

I watched this guitar on kijiji for the last 3 weeks and fought gas every time I looked at the ad. Today I caved. It's a 2003 Korean (Unsung) vintage g400. In really nice shape and well setup. I was looking for a guitar for open tuning and slide and I think this will be it. $225 with hsc, I couldn't pass. I sold my Boss ME 50 today too as it was collecting dust and offset the cost of the guitar by 80% (!). Here are some pics, I'm gonna change the strings and give her a rip.

-Cal

3.jpg

1.jpg

Congrats on this cool guitar [thumbup]

They are kind of 'rare', no veneer and bound neck

not many have been made....

Rob, aka 'Barcham' has one, too

he'll cry when he hears of that steal-price.....

Thanks Pete, I knew they were a bit "rare" (as opposed to valuable). If I ever decide to let it go, I'll let Rob know. No markup of course for fellow forum members!

-Cal

Congrats! I have one and it's awesome! I have seen a couple more on Craigslist but they are few and far between. Here's mine:

Lines.jpg

I love the binding! It really adds to the look! I wish my dot would have had it too! I would have kept it if it did.

Thanks everyone. I've cleaned her up, oiled the fret board, added new strings and set action, intonation and neck...but I've only played it enough to make sure everything works! Wife is going out tomorrow afternoon to a movie with a friend so I'll give it a good workout then. Really sharp looking sg...of course all I can think about is adding a bigsby B5.

Now, ...It is the Law that you have to, (at least just once) duck walk across the bedroom floor while playing the solo from highway to hell, while posing off in the mirror.

If you have failed to do this within 24 hours of purchasing an awesome red SG, then your warranty is voided and you have to send the guitar to me [biggrin]

Archived