Gibson Brands Forums

Some Worship Music for EuroAussie

Mojorule

Interesting J Cash vid. I don't think I'd have recognized him in a still shot, thin and young. I know half the world doesn't agree but he's in my top three list of overrated guitar playing musicians. And oh, that religion crap continues to be the great destructive force on the planet. Happy Easter.

Interesting J Cash vid. I don't think I'd have recognized him in a still shot, thin and young. I know half the world doesn't agree but he's in my top three list of overrated guitar playing musicians. And oh, that religion crap continues to be the great destructive force on the planet. Happy Easter.

He looks older than 28 there, though, doesn't he? Well I reckon I looked younger at that age anyway. Does anybody really rate his playing that much? Given that he kept Luther Perkins on lead, I don't think he really set out to wow the world with 6 strings. (No disrespect to LP, as I love the boom-chigga thing and it's not quite as easy as it appears, but it's not the most technically stunning 'lead' playing, is it? If you have LP on lead, you're clearly not a rhythm hot shot, are you.) But the singing on this one justifies his reputation as a vocalist, I think. Don't know many who can hit that low note.

I'm sure religion is destructive in some hands and constructive in others. It's probably more dangerous in areas where deadly weapons are easily available. Been dying to post this ever since EuroAussie made a quip about Worship Music and Taylors/AGF, though. Could this be an example of the elusive genre, EA?

There might be some 'believers' here on this forum. I am one myself.

"Don't get hung up about Easter. . . "

..............................................Leon Russell

"I'll try not to disturb peoples (religious) values and appreciate if they don't disturb mine.

Sometimes it's easier said than done - "

..........................................E-miE-minor7

As for EA, I really dug the controversial Bird experience (and post). I think these extraordinary guitars deserves a deeper wave of discussion, , , , an have for a long time.

Watching that vid, it struck me that at times he looked like Mark E. Smith from The Fall.

LOL! Now there's a concept for a hybrid tribute act along the lines of Dread Zeppelin. The Tennessee Mark E Three and the Unstoppable Carter Family Machine? Brix on harmonies.

Altogether now: 'Were-ah you-ah there-ah...'

Archived