Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedalboard Day

Dub-T-123

Well, I had a Pedaltrain 1 with a big hard case that served me well but it was just too big for the amount of pedals I'm using. So I traded for this smaller Pedaltrain Junior.

It's the perfect size for my setup and it came with a cool soft case. The case has a shoulder strap which will make it easier for me to lug around and also a pocket which is perfect for storing a couple cables. It's really convenient for me.

Anyways, here are the pics.

photo-2071.jpg

photo-2303.jpg

I wasn't going for everything fitting super compact like Tetris when I put this together. Instead, I wanted to make sure it was easy for me to hit the foot switches without knocking any of the other knobs or switches with my foot.

I'm really happy with how it turned out and I don't think I'll change it for the foreseeable future.

If any of you guys want to post pictures of your boards go ahead. I'd like to see what everybody is using here.

Sure is a cute little thing. [biggrin] I may be headed the other direction - PedalTrain up to PedalTrain Pro! Though I noticed there is a cool wha pedal thing you can hang off the side. Maybe if I move the wah, I can not move up to the giant board.

I like it. I need a PT-2. I also want to pick up one of those Hendrix wahs, as well as a (or TWO, actually!) Maxon AD-999, a Dunlop Volume Pedal, a TC Stereo Chorus/Flanger, and an Xotic BB Preamp. I got a wishlist the size of the Great Wall Of China!

Sure is a cute little thing. [biggrin] I may be headed the other direction - PedalTrain up to PedalTrain Pro! Though I noticed there is a cool wha pedal thing you can hang off the side. Maybe if I move the wah, I can not move up to the giant board.

Those wah things look pretty cool. Lol I carry my board around all the time and I'm just too lazy to lug a huge board around. Plus too many pedals tend to distract me when I'm jammin. I should point out that I'm using this board for guitar and bass so I have kindof a lot of pedals on there because of that.

What stompboxes are you using?

I like it. I need a PT-2. I also want to pick up one of those Hendrix wahs, as well as a (or TWO, actually!) Maxon AD-999, a Dunlop Volume Pedal, a TC Stereo Chorus/Flanger, and an Xotic BB Preamp. I got a wishlist the size of the Great Wall Of China!

A PT2 is freaking huge man what are you using?

Is there something special about the Hendrix wahs that I don't know about? I've had that pedal for like 6 years now it's the only wah I've had. It was my dad's and he gave it to me. I think it sounds good. I dunno if it really sounds like Hendrix but that's not what I have it for anyways..

That looks great, as really nice (and well thought out!) lay out.

I've got 3 Pedaltrains, the PT2 (lots of larger boxes there like the Hendrix Fuzz Face and the Octavio, along with a Cry Baby), a Pedaltrain Jr. and a Nano which I'm still in the process of setting up (Tube Screamer for it scheduled for delivery tomorrow, then I just need a tuner).

I'll try and get some pics of them later this week.

Cool board. I have a couple Pedaltrain boards. They're the best. [thumbup] Lately, I've been into using just my PT JR with a distortion/od > phaser > delay. That's my home rig. You have a cool pedal collection. I don't even know what some of that stuff is.

Cool board. I have a couple Pedaltrain boards. They're the best. [thumbup] Lately, I've been into using just my PT JR with a distortion/od > phaser > delay. That's my home rig. You have a cool pedal collection. I don't even know what some of that stuff is.

That's a really sweet combo. What phaser are you using?

Thanks man. Which ones don't you know?

T Bone thanks man lookin forward to checking it out :)

Flight959 I'm still using the roll that came with my first Pedaltrain, but I've seen rolls of velcro in Staples (an American office supply store) and hardware stores like dem00n said. How's that Riot treating you?

WahKeen can you imagine how much that guy spent on patch cables alone? That's ridiculous.

T Bone thanks man lookin forward to checking it out :)

Flight959 I'm still using the roll that came with my first Pedaltrain, but I've seen rolls of velcro in Staples (an American office supply store) and hardware stores like dem00n said. How's that Riot treating you?

WahKeen can you imagine how much that guy spent on patch cables alone? That's ridiculous.

I always just go to amazon for velcro because they have a larger selection are are quite often cheaper than places like staples

Great pedal board, seems like it has all the essentials on it. I have an absolutely stuffed PT Nano, should've probably gotten a Mini, but I like how this holds me back and makes room for only four absolutely necessary pedals.

That's a really sweet combo. What phaser are you using?

Thanks man. Which ones don't you know?

Either an old Boss Ph-1 from Japan, or a newer MXR Phase 90.

The one I couldn't figure out on your board was the pedal with the cat on it.

Either an old Boss Ph-1 from Japan, or a newer MXR Phase 90.

The one I couldn't figure out on your board was the pedal with the cat on it.

I've heard the Boss PH-1 is really good. How many stages is it? Have you ever tried a Small Stone? Mine sounds freaking amazing dude I love it so much.

The cat pedal is a smallsound/bigsound fvck overdrive. Its probably the pedal that I use the most.

Kiwi simple pedal setups are awesome. Plus you've got a POG do you must be doing something cool sounding.

What stompboxes are you using?

My PedalTrain is generally in a state of flux. Right now it looks like this...

Guitar>Modified CryBaby>LovePedal Pickle Vibe>LovePedal COT50>BYOC Chorus>Switch>

LovePedal Dragon Fuzz>BYOC Leeds>Tubular Mods TS9>LovePedal Eternity Burst>Digitech delay>AMPS

DSC_0011-2.jpg

I'm trying to find a spot for the LovePedal Englishwoman and the Digitech delay is most likely

going tomorrow when my new Lovepedal Gen5 Echo arrives.

I'm thinking about rearranging everything though. I have some weird wire runs now so that I

can keep three "loops" - one for the tuner, a cleaner, chorused loop sent to a Deluxe Reverb,

and a loop loaded with dirt boxes that I send to a Marshall. Thinking of "re-envisioning" the

whole thing.

A PT2 is freaking huge man what are you using?

Is there something special about the Hendrix wahs that I don't know about? I've had that pedal for like 6 years now it's the only wah I've had. It was my dad's and he gave it to me. I think it sounds good. I dunno if it really sounds like Hendrix but that's not what I have it for anyways..

I actually don't know the exact specs of all the Pedaltrain boards so I misprinted.

I have heard that the Hendrix wah is the best wah Dunlop produces as of now next to the CAE MC-404 model. I know they don't sound like Hendrix. For the Hendrix (well anything from that era) wah tone, a Vox Clyde McCoy style wah (like an RMC or from what I have heard from Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the yellow inductor mode in the CAE) is it. But I have heard that the Hendrix wahs happen to be very sweet, so I thought I would give one a spin!

My PedalTrain is generally in a state of flux. Right now it looks like this...

Guitar>Modified CryBaby>LovePedal Pickle Vibe>LovePedal COT50>BYOC Chorus>Switch>

LovePedal Dragon Fuzz>BYOC Leeds>Tubular Mods TS9>LovePedal Eternity Burst>Digitech delay>AMPS

DSC_0011-2.jpg

I'm trying to find a spot for the LovePedal Englishwoman and the Digitech delay is most likely

going tomorrow when my new Lovepedal Gen5 Echo arrives.

I'm thinking about rearranging everything though. I have some weird wire runs now so that I

can keep three "loops" - one for the tuner, a cleaner, chorused loop sent to a Deluxe Reverb,

and a loop loaded with dirt boxes that I send to a Marshall. Thinking of "re-envisioning" the

whole thing.

Sweet rig man. I like your multiple amp setup. How's that BYOC chorus working out for you? What is the Englishwoman?

And yeah I know what you mean, it's a never ending thing changing your pedalboard around. We'll see how long mine stays the same haha

I actually don't know the exact specs of all the Pedaltrain boards so I misprinted.

I have heard that the Hendrix wah is the best wah Dunlop produces as of now next to the CAE MC-404 model. I know they don't sound like Hendrix. For the Hendrix (well anything from that era) wah tone, a Vox Clyde McCoy style wah (like an RMC or from what I have heard from Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the yellow inductor mode in the CAE) is it. But I have heard that the Hendrix wahs happen to be very sweet, so I thought I would give one a spin!

Yeah it's a good sounding wah and it's extremely durable. It gets the job done well.

Veering off topic slightly but what do you think of the new Dunlop Eric Johnson Fuzz Face? I was in GC today and I saw one there and couldn't resist checking it out. I think it sounds great plus it's got a pretty good amount of output on tap. Really sweet vintage type fuzz sounds. I was impressed.

Sweet rig man. I like your multiple amp setup. How's that BYOC chorus working out for you? What is the Englishwoman?

And yeah I know what you mean, it's a never ending thing changing your pedalboard around. We'll see how long mine stays the same haha

The chorus is pretty sweet. I modded it a little to hit the LFO harder. It gets kinda crazy now, but it's easy to back off and get a tamer tone too.

The Englishwoman I posted a couple weeks ago when I ordered it. I have only played it a little bit, but for that late 60s British thing, it's pretty bad a$$.

Yeah it's a good sounding wah and it's extremely durable. It gets the job done well.

Veering off topic slightly but what do you think of the new Dunlop Eric Johnson Fuzz Face? I was in GC today and I saw one there and couldn't resist checking it out. I think it sounds great plus it's got a pretty good amount of output on tap. Really sweet vintage type fuzz sounds. I was impressed.

I'm looking to replace my standard Cry Baby with one. And I don't overuse my wah (alot of the time it's used as a high-mid boost ala Michael Shenker), so it ain't a big deal.

I have heard great things about the EJ Fuzzface. I have never played one, but I have heard them on the net and they seem to sound good. If you liked it then it should be good! I probably wouldn't own one, being an amp distortion guy (with a Tube Screamer for some extra gravy!), but if I wanted that kind of sound I would buy one. Keep in mind when I think EJ distortion tones I don't think Fuzzface I think BK Butler Tube Driver and Plexi. With an Echoplex, no less!

The chorus is pretty sweet. I modded it a little to hit the LFO harder. It gets kinda crazy now, but it's easy to back off and get a tamer tone too.

The Englishwoman I posted a couple weeks ago when I ordered it. I have only played it a little bit, but for that late 60s British thing, it's pretty bad a$$.

Sounds cool. The CE-2 definitely needs a little more depth. Boss made the controls super limited on those but they sound good.

That Englishwoman sounds pretty rad.

Kaleb - Yeah dude I'd say Dunlop did a good job with the EJ Fuzz Face. I don't listen to Eric Johnson or anything but it sounded pretty much like a silicon Fuzz Face should. I would imagine they matched the transistors and everything because it sounded like they did (unlike their regular Fuzz Faces).

Archived