Gibson Brands Forums

Better Training Required

BluesKing777

The other half rang me from the city to ask if I wanted anything while she was there. She was half a block from a well known music shop, so I said "Get me a surprise from the music shop!" Yahooooooo!

She didn't know what to get me!

After all these years, it is disappointing. Retraining, eh? A gathering of websites, brochures, guitar forum material, magazines is to land on her desk.....

I mean, I am the guitar moron that likes the rubbishy mug because it has a guitar picture! Stupid rug with wonky music symbols. Gibson tin......miniature Vietnamese guitar statue that sort of looks like a Stella from my sister. Guitar shaped lighter. Posters. Beer mats...

BluesKing777.

The other half rang me from the city to ask if I wanted anything while she was there. She was half a block from a well known music shop, so I said "Get me a surprise from the music shop!" Yahooooooo!

After all these years, it is disappointing. Retraining, eh? A gathering of websites, brochures, guitar forum material, magazines is to land on her desk.....

I mean, I am the guitar moron that likes the rubbishy mug because it has a guitar picture! Stupid rug with wonky music symbols. Gibson tin......miniature Vietnamese guitar statue that sort of looks like a Stella from my sister. Guitar shaped lighter. Posters. Beer mats...

BluesKing777.

BK,

You're a hard core guitar man (like me) and that can intimidate our better halves. They find us alone in a room staring at strange things on computer screens, or playing meaningless stuff on our guitars that is endlessly repeated for no apparent reason. (We call it practice)

They think we're crazy. And they may be right. And you're asking her to surprise you? It's a wonder she didn't run for the hills.

I have a house full of music related chachkies - t-shirts, mugs, some old display stuff, pins, buttons, banners and such. Crap I even got Fender salt and pepper shakers (they look like blackface amps). Not one thing came from my wife but all of it from folks I know who run music stores.

Yes, a little mad.

I'll probably be lucky to get another guitar mug, but what if she came home with something like this (Warning-From the Taylor Co.):

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/builders-reserve/series-v

Better pick up your act, Gibson - I want the matching amp for my Blues King in Bubinga/Spruce with sunburst finish!!! Ahaaa!

BluesKing777.

I normally get some gimmicky guitar related stuff at Christmas and birthdays from the outlaws... er... in-laws.... to be honest I could do without most of it...

* disclaimer: I don't mean that to sound ungrateful, I'm just more about clearing out tat than hoarding it.

I normally get some gimmicky guitar related stuff at Christmas and birthdays from the outlaws... er... in-laws.... to be honest I could do without most of it...

* disclaimer: I don't mean that to sound ungrateful, I'm just more about clearing out tat than hoarding it.

I like that - 'the Outlaws' - hysterical thanks PM.

When they are talking to me (not currently- had a huge run-in at a seaside restaraunt when we arrived to find the outlaws ensconsed next to a fireplace instead of out on the deck with the wonderful view of the harbour etc etc), I would be thankful to get some guitar 'tat' as you say, instead of the striped shirt 3 sizes too small and other subtle torture devices.

BluesKing777.

P.S. didn't get a gift from the music shop.....not even a music mug - I'm too particular with music 'tat' apparently.....

"Get me a surprise from the music shop!" Yahooooooo!

BluesKing777.

I see the problem. I'm here to help.

She is likely trained well, but I think you are the one in need of a little follow-up training.

I have prepared a little worksheet.

Fill in the blank:

"Get me a _________ from the guitar shop"

After you have filled in the blank, try using it in a different sentence. Example: "Do they have a _______?" "Could you check to see if they have a ______ there?" "Do you think a _______ would look better in black or sunburst?"

Tell her to buy me an acre of land ~ p s r & t.

Between the salt water and the sea strand

Then she'll be. . . . . .

Argentina Tuning - GuitarArgentina.jpg

Far freaking out!!!!!!

Is that your place, Em7?

My wife and daughter are pretty good with getting guitar related items for me, mugs, ties (I wear one most days at work), etc. My mother used to have the knack as well, like a guitar shaped bottle opener that hung on a small figure.

Brad

Archived