Gibson Brands Forums

Reliving my Youth w/ the help of Epiphone

fhlh

Good Day,

Just another 40 something trying to relive his youth here (picked up the axe again after 20years...)!!

Anyway I have been lurking for a few weeks while contemplating a new guitar. I have absorbed allot of info.

Using this info I bit the bullet and picked up a new Epiphine Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro!

WOW... what a nice guitar this is. I have only put it down to sleep :)

The sustain on this thing is amazing! Easy to play - I love the thick neck!

I can see myself learning allot on this guitar! Simply sounds amazing.

Here's my electrics (I have a cheap Sonata acoustic which I will replace with an Epiphone soon).

4ca4180f.jpg

Dean Custom 350, the Paul, and the Junior (came w/Rocksmith).

I run them all through a little VOX modeling amp and the PS3(Rocksmith) into a Bose Lifestyle Stereo, which I plan to change to a Mackie Mixer and some powered monitors)

Anyway, great forum... hope to continue to learn and be around for while.

Thanks

Jason

Welcome Jason. I, too am a recent (3 or 4 years ago) convert to Epiphones, after being a little bit of a guitar snob. I love them and own 3 now. Enjoy yours. BTW, nice job on putting up pictures on your first post. You catch on quick. Here's your forum-warming present. +1

Congrats on your new Ax [thumbup]. I too was very impressed with my "first" Epiphone. Like yourself I am giving it another go round, all I have to do is get these old fingers to listen to the Rock Star Brain in the control center and let the notes flow. eusa_dance.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome....

I think I can get ALLOT of mileage from the Plus Top pro before I could ever come close to getting bored with it :)

I'm currently working on Albert King's "Born Under a Bad Sign" --- the "with Stevie Ray Vaughn" version.

Like someone said early... my rockbrain can do it.... but it's the link to the hands that is giving me troubles :)

Just gonna take time and practice (which I try to do for at least an hour a day.

Thanks for the warm welcome....

I think I can get ALLOT of mileage from the Plus Top pro before I could ever come close to getting bored with it :)

I'm currently working on Albert King's "Born Under a Bad Sign" --- the "with Stevie Ray Vaughn" version.

Like someone said early... my rockbrain can do it.... but it's the link to the hands that is giving me troubles :)

Just gonna take time and practice (which I try to do for at least an hour a day.

Thats great, ... and with an hour of practice a day you'll soon be ripping up the fretboard like Albert and Stevie.

Oh yea, and I have been playing on and off for over 20 years, and my fingers still can't keep up with what my rock'n'roll brain wants them to do...LOL.

My first Epiphone is my 1992 Sheraton II that I've had since 1995, I went looking for a Epi Dot but the Sheraton called to me and I had to take it home. It was owned by a Preacher that traded it for an acoustic so I call it 'The Reverend'.

I've since added a Epi Les Paul Plus top in wine color, a Faded Firebird Studio, and a G-400 SG in Ebony-every one is a definite keeper!

And good move using photobucket for posting pictures, you can post a picture as many times as you want-the attachment software will only allow you to post it once. [thumbdn]

Here are my Epis-

TheEpiphoneCollection.jpg

well.. crap, went to play the Epi LesPaul Jr. Special last night and nothing... zip, zero, nada....

I've had it since december and it hasn't made it to summer....

Considering it cost next to nothing, I'm not even thinking about sending it to Epi to be fixed.... instead I think I'll MOD it!

I'll post a new thread on my when I get started!

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

BTW... you guys have some epic epi's!

• 1 month later...

Good to see these fun posts of everyone getting into Epi and re-claiming their younger dreams. I'm looking at 60 and still feel 18 in my head. Still building up my collection of guitars to save me from having to mow the lawn in my retire years, will be too busy trying to learn that slick lick ready for the 'Jam' with the 'Old Guys Rule' crew, :-) all the best

Archived